How do they go down?

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2007, 12:01 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
How does your little one/s go down for their nap or for the night? Again, just curious!

Mikayla will only go to sleep if I lay down w/ her. Its been like that since she was born. I know I've got to break her from that habit soon, but once she's asleep I can get up and she's fine on her own.
August 26th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tell Remy is time for bed (in Laotian) and he repeats it and then goes to turn all the t.v's off. Then I walk him upstairs... sometimes he walks upstairs by himself while I go refill his milk. Then I tuck him in and tell him goodnight and I love him and kisses Then I turn on the fan for him, turn off the lights and walk out lol.

He's good after that. There are days when he gets up and comes back out because he's bored and not tired lol. But I send him back to his room and he goes by himself lol. I can hear his footsteps because the living room is underneath his bedroom so I know when he's in bed or if he's playing lol.

And he comes out to find me when he leaves his room, never walks around the house alone. Even in the middle of the night when he needs another refill lol.

August 26th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Dombone's Avatar Twilight Obsessor.
I tell him it's bedtime, sometimes he makes a fuss and sometimes he just goes to bed
I bring him to his bedroom geth im in his bed, kisses, hugs, sometimes little stories! He's real easy!

August 26th, 2007, 12:29 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
dakota used to be the best to put to sleep you lay her down , give her her soother and she will turn her head to the side and fall asleep, sometimes she snuggles her blanket..but this week shes been teething, when you lay her down she SCREAMS bloody murder lol...ive finally found that laying her down and rocking in the rocking chair works like a charm

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
August 26th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Lacey.♥s.Lemons's Avatar Mommy March '05 & Feb '10
Send a message via MSN to Lacey.♥s.Lemons Send a message via Yahoo to Lacey.♥s.Lemons
I read to Owen, then turn on Mickey Mouse and he usually is out within 15 minutes.

August 26th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Give him a bath (and if it's not bath night, I give him a sponge bath), lotion him, change him, give him a bottle, sometimes I feed him or I put him in his crib n jus put the bottle in his mouth n he passes out either when the bottle is all done, or when he is done eating
August 26th, 2007, 07:30 PM
mommyofdani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyofdani
Becki, I'm in your boat, too

August 26th, 2007, 07:30 PM
irhungary1988's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bottle in his mouth.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waTnHuW/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
We have a routine for naptime and if I ever screw it up , she doesnt sleep that long but with our routine she'll sleep for 2 hours sometimes more.

I wait until she starts gettin crabby and then I make her a bottle...and then I lay her on my bed and lay next to her and she usually falls asleep right away...but it has to be in my bed otherwise she gets all screwed up lol

August 26th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
for nap time we usually finish watching our cartoons and playing then we pop in a movie and she falls asleep to that (sometimes i do to) For bed time has a bath a snack we play for a bit then we read her the new book its called how do dinasours say goodnight then we turn of the lights play her lulabies(or music depending on where we are) then she gets hugs and kisses and is layed in bed where she will cry but she is getting used to it and didnt even cry the other night

Becki i used to be in the same boat as you too lol but at the begining of the summer i told my self that she was going to learn how to fall asleep herself before school started back up again. We have been doing this for about a month and she is 100x better about bed time

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search