custody tomorrow..

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2007, 08:14 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
well steph needed to spend the night here tonight cuz she had no wehre else to go ..sean is PISSED about it so the only way he agreed to let her stay was if we all go to court tomorrow to sign the custody papers and if my mom would give him a smoke lol. so shes staying tonight. am i supposed to bring anything? my neighbors told me to write it out on paper first and make her sign it before we go so that i have proof that she wanted to give her up if she tried to back out at the last second..i dont really see how that would be effective because anyone could forge a signature right? she already treats dakota like shes not hers.....she came here today and said "can i take dakota outside for a bit?" i said yes..im glad shes asking my permission, im finally getting dakota on a routine and i dont want it messed up everytime steph wants to be a mom for 5 minutes.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
August 26th, 2007, 08:22 PM
~*Brandy*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck Brie!! I'm praying everything goes the way you want it too.
It probably would be a good idea to have something wrote out with her signature on it, also write down all the problems you guys have had that way you won't forget anything if they ask. Like all the problems with her friend and what was said during the conversations, and also that if Dakota doesn't have food or diapers or etc. that you guys provide as Steph does not even though she gets assistance.
Keep us updated!!

August 26th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck tomorrow hun. I'm sure everything will work out you're way. Just make sure that she is present cuz when you guys go there the duty counsellor will than ask you n Steph if there is any agreements made between the both of you. So everything that is said infront of the duty cousellor will be written on paper, and once Steph signs it, there's no turning back. So even if you was to get her to sign something at your house now, it wouldn't mean anything, but it does mean something when yall is there cuz the duty counsellor is basically a witness. Good luck!
August 26th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Good Luck Brie!! I'm praying everything goes the way you want it too.
It probably would be a good idea to have something wrote out with her signature on it, also write down all the problems you guys have had that way you won't forget anything if they ask. Like all the problems with her friend and what was said during the conversations, and also that if Dakota doesn't have food or diapers or etc. that you guys provide as Steph does not even though she gets assistance.
Keep us updated!![/b]
steph wont get assistance now that she doesnt have the baby, they make you look for a job if you dont have a reason to not work. so if she tries to go back on they will make her get a job instead. and weve had dakota now for 2 weeks and have so far bought a pack of 72 diapers and two cases of formula. i will definately get something written on paper first

Quote:
Good luck tomorrow hun. I'm sure everything will work out you're way. Just make sure that she is present cuz when you guys go there the duty counsellor will than ask you n Steph if there is any agreements made between the both of you. So everything that is said infront of the duty cousellor will be written on paper, and once Steph signs it, there's no turning back. So even if you was to get her to sign something at your house now, it wouldn't mean anything, but it does mean something when yall is there cuz the duty counsellor is basically a witness. Good luck! [/b]
steph will be there thats why were doing it tomorrow, because shes spending the night here i dont think id go if steph didnt because they wouldnt really be able to do anything.

thanks ladies!! im so nervous that they will say no and not give me custody

what if steph says she wants to sign her parental rights over to me and they say no because im only 18 or something like that? im also not gonna mention that im pregnant because i dont want that to affect anything..

August 26th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You're an adult and you're the one who has been providing for Dakota these past few weeks. So they really have no reason to not grant Custody in your favor
August 26th, 2007, 08:42 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Well first off I wouldn't have Steph sign rights over to you. She may straighten up someday and with no rights she wouldn't even be legally allowed to visit Dakota. If I were in your shoes I would just have her assign you guardianship. That means you are in charge of Dakota, you make all the decisions, but Steph still has parental rights to see Dakota and such. Plus then if she gets a job you could get support. GL!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
August 26th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Well first off I wouldn't have Steph sign rights over to you. She may straighten up someday and with no rights she wouldn't even be legally allowed to visit Dakota. If I were in your shoes I would just have her assign you guardianship. That means you are in charge of Dakota, you make all the decisions, but Steph still has parental rights to see Dakota and such. Plus then if she gets a job you could get support. GL![/b]

good point lol..i still want her to be able to see dakota but she cant take care of her on her own..thats why i want custody..i also highly doubt my sister will get a job shes soo lazy..

August 26th, 2007, 09:17 PM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
Good luck hun!!

August 26th, 2007, 09:47 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
good luck!

i agree any one can forge a signature and the only way that would probably help you was if you took steph and made her sign it in front of a notary.

August 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Good luck! Dakota deserves better than that. I'm sure that you're capable of giving her much better than Steph ever did.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search