Baby Names!

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
For us who are pregnant, what names are you considering for your little one?
For those of you who aren't pregnant anymore, how did you pick your baby's name?
Is anyone still unsure or not telling?

I'm considering:
Sebastian, Liam, Jack, Alaric, Atticus, Oliver, and Henry. For girls, I'm not sure anymore.
August 27th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Lacey.♥s.Lemons's Avatar Mommy March '05 & Feb '10
Send a message via MSN to Lacey.♥s.Lemons Send a message via Yahoo to Lacey.♥s.Lemons
I saw Owen's name on the previews for "The Forgotten" and fell in love with it. But I kept it on the back burner because I wanted to name him Carson - which DID NOT fit him. We later found out that my great grandpa's twin brother's name was Owen. My next boy will be Oliver Christopher or Aaron Christopher (Christopher is after my dad). Oliver is my great grandpa's brother's name and Aaron was my great grandpa's name

August 27th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill
The first time around I saw Deandre on some babyname website.. I just chose a different spelling. According to my baby name book it means "Manly man" which fits him perfectly.. he's all boy lol. His middle name is Matthew, which is DF's first name.

This time around it took me a while to figure out 2 names that I liked.. I found Jaiven's name in a baby name book.. It's an african name that means light spirited. His middle name is Brady, and that's his daddy's middle name too.

Matt picked out Maliyah's name.. Not sure where he got it from, but it's a hawiian name that means bitter sea goddess, lol.. Her middle name is Nichole, which is also my middle name.

If I ever have any more kids (highly unlikely).. I'd name my boy Isaiah or Donovan and if I had a girl I'd probably name her Jaeda.
August 27th, 2007, 11:52 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Mikayla's name was a complete accident. We went in thinking it was a boy, and had the name Noah Lee picked out.. turns out, we had a girl w/o a name Her daddy brought up Mikayla, and it suited her. It took us about a day to figure out a spelling.. her m/n is Lynn. Its a family name on my side.

If we ever have another.. which won't be for at least 3 years.. I like the name Alexander for a boy.. and I'm really loving Jack. It has SO much meaning to me and I think its a really cute, yet mature name. But I'd probably go w/ Jackson, n/n Jack.
August 27th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Dombone's Avatar Twilight Obsessor.
I got Dieters name by looking at my grandpas family tree thing he had going on and saw the name and fell in love wiht it (once I found out how to say it )
his middle name is Adrian... Just because I really liked that name and if I never found the name Dieter he probably would have been Adrian... or Zack

August 27th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am pretty sure we are going with Jack.

But Gavin and Aaron are still possibilities.

We haven't told any family yet, I think we will wait until he's born.

August 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to molly987
If we have a boy we are nameing him Diego, if a girl, Alia.. we havent decided on middle names.. DH doesent even want to give them a middle name.. but they will have one

We gave our son Dh's first name and his middle name was the only boy name we could agree on.

August 27th, 2007, 12:56 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
I picked Alexa because I wanted a name that wasn't unusual, but not insanely popular.

Her middle name is Madison which I know is very popular but I loved it and couldnt really decide on a different one.

August 27th, 2007, 01:03 PM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
DH picked out DD's name before we even got pregnant. Mahayla was his grandmothers name and Elaine was his niece's middle name.

This time we have Addison picked out for a girl just because we really like it and possibly Bailey for a middle name, not sure yet though. For a boy we've talked about Nicholas Ray, just like Nicholas and Ray is his dad's middle name, maybe Nicholas David (my late uncle's name)
August 27th, 2007, 01:18 PM
tkay88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We chose Xylia Taryn Briar for our daughter. Xylia is a modern form of the name Sylvia - which was my nans name. Taryn is a form of my name and Briar - well it is the street my other nan lives on but it was also part of the name my granddad used for his buisiness!

For this baby i'm finding it hard to like anything - hoping it will get easier though. For a boy we have already chosen the middle names which will be Kenneth (after my granddad) and Oliver (after DF's granddad). I have taken a liking to the name Blaine (even though i got it from two female names, Blanche and lorraine, DF's nans name and mum's middle name). Blaine Kenneth Oliver.....

As for another girl i have no idea at all, yet!
August 27th, 2007, 01:48 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I knew since I was like 12 that my first DD would be named Gemma. It's Italian and means 'valuable gem'. It's a very popular name in the UK and Britain but almost unheard of in the US so I thought that was great. I wanted something beautiful and classic without being to unique or odd.

For a boy, I like the name Sebastian. DP wants to use the name Lucas. I am hoping we can compromise. My second name is Nathaniel, nn Nate. I hope he likes it too!

If I have another girl I don't know what the name will be. DP has his heart set on a boy! I like the name Ainsley but DP thinks it sounds like a breed of cow!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
August 27th, 2007, 02:30 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
for a girl we have Rylie Morgan picked out and for a boy Gaige Alexander.........tho sean wants to change the spelling to Gauge so its like a piercing gauge oh well lol..the girl name could possibly change

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
August 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM
mommyofdani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyofdani
AHHH all of these Oliver names!!

That is what we are naming the next child if it is a boy...Oliver Clive

Adam picked out Dani's name, she is named after my grandmother...and my mil and mother loved it so much, my mil sewed it onto the quilt she was making for the baby and my mother went out and bought frames and banks with Danielle written on them It fits her perfectly though, so maybe grandmothers know best?

August 27th, 2007, 04:54 PM
lexbugsmomma's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lexbugsmomma Send a message via Yahoo to lexbugsmomma
we r goin name our baby girl Lexus Michele

we want michele cuz it is name after my mom's middle name which she passed away long time ago
and we want first letter with S but there no name being with S we liked and we dont want sonia cuz that is my mom's first name so we was lookin around on baby name and saw Lexus.. we tho it is elegant name to us so we decided Lexus and it is form of alexis...
it it was boy, we will call it james lester JR

thank you for beautiful siggy, aprilmiracle!
August 27th, 2007, 05:47 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We're going to name our baby Alyssa Bethany Dean for a girl, or Jackson William Dean for a boy.

William is for Mike's brother.
Dean is for my father, he passed away when I was 4.
The other names are just because we like them
August 27th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
You say Dieter like Dee-terr, right?
August 27th, 2007, 10:05 PM
pixie_punk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pixie_punk
Quote:
For us who are pregnant, what names are you considering for your little one?
For those of you who aren't pregnant anymore, how did you pick your baby's name?
Is anyone still unsure or not telling?

I'm considering:
Sebastian, Liam, Jack, Alaric, Atticus, Oliver, and Henry. For girls, I'm not sure anymore.[/b]
I hovered around Liam for a while. At one point we were down to choosing between Liam and Teagan... but then scrapped both of those entirely.

I really like the name Liam, though. We also thought of Jack while trying to find a 'J' name. His middle name is going to be James, which is his daddy's first name, so we were going for 'JJ' as a nickname, but DF didn't like Jack much.

I came up with Lennon while watching VH1's "Listed." It was about rockstar families, and they mentioned the Lennons (John, and then Julian and Sean) and said Lennon like 18 times and I thought it sounded nice. DF loves it because it's music-related and he's a musician. The only other time I've heard of Lennon as a first name is one of the Gallagher brothers' kids... but I like it.

He's also going to have a second middle name, Ryan. Ryan is for a friend of ours who we've been through a lot with and who basically saved me and the baby when I was jumped by these 4 girls from my school (long story). We actually added on Ryan as a compromise... DF wanted Ryan to be the baby's godfather but I really really want my twin brother to be godfather, so as a compromise we decided to include Ryan in his name.

So his full name will be Lennon James Ryan.

Edit: I went on and on about boy names I forgot about girl... lol. I'm pretty sure if this baby was a girl her name would be Adelaide, it's basically the only name I really really like for a girl.

There are two girls with whom I've known longer than anyone, and my debt to them is lifetime. The gathering of boys I rely on know exactly who they are and I would build their protection with bloody hands. - 36 Crazyfists
</div>
August 27th, 2007, 10:24 PM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For a girl we decided on Kylie Savanna- I fell in love with Kylie the second I heard it and my step mom actually picked Savanna out of our list of names

For a boy, we can't decide on a first name anymore! lol But the middle name will be Alexander after my grandfather who passed away when I was a kid.

Logan, 6 y/o, Gabriel 2 y/o, Aidan 7 m/o

August 28th, 2007, 04:03 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our babygirl is going to be named Taylor Alyssa.. Taylor just because DH and I loved it and it's not super common around this area at all and Alyssa is close to my name, Lisa, plus it's pretty. Other names we talked about we Kylie, Makayla, Rylin, Elizabeth, Morgan, Aubrey, Katelynn, and Kaelyn.

If we were to have a son, DH wanted him to possibly be named after him which would make him Andrew Lee the 3rd LoL. We also talked about Jaesyn, Tyler, Dylan, Evan, and Sean. I wanted to use Robert as the middle name after my dad

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

August 28th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Faith&KatiesMommy
We are naming her Faith Marie Lynn.. I've always loved the name Faith.. when i was little i would write baby names down, and it was ALWAYS on the list!!.. So when i said it to Joey, he completely fell in love.. he sees her as having faith brought back into his life after all the rough things hes been through... Marie is for my nanny who passed away a year ago it was her middle name.. and Lynn is for Joeys mom who passed away years ago.. it was also her middle name!!..

if we were having a boy.. it would either be Joseph James Archibald the 3rd.. orr Joseph Cory Crawford (cory is his moms first name.. crawford is my dads middle name!!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search