Am I wrong?

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Mikayla's daddy works 8-12 hrs 5 days a week and always gets 2 off. Well, today is one of the days he has off and I really don't feel well. I'm not sure if its the heat or what, but I feel sick to my stomach like I'm going to puke. Anyways, I've had kinda short patience all day and I just need a small break. Like, I'm only asking for 20 minutes and he's like "I'm tired here.. you don't understand, I work" .. and he's playing his xbox I just don't understand why he can't watch HIS daughter for 20 minutes when I watch her 24/7, 7 days a week. Does HE not understand that its WORK too? He watches her maybe, maybe, half an hour a week... like, am I wrong to think that something is wrong here? Shouldn't he have some responsibility for her? I know he works, but suck it up! Its not my fault he's obssesed w/ the gym and trains on his days off so that makes him tired.. he had the choice to not go to the gym.. Its a big part of his life and I'd never keep it from him but seriously, he needs to watch his daughter too! I'm just so mad about this, I really cannot take it anymore. My family watches her more then he does.. he can barely watch her while I go pee w/o saying "well she runs to you" hmm maybe cause you barely spend time w/ her?

But, don't get me wrong.. when he does, he's a great daddy.. and she loves him to death.. and he does buy her diapers and food, etc.. but I would if I could get a job, but we can't afford daycare.. so he makes me feel really guilty for saying he doesn't watch her enough and goes on about all the things he does... like, I know but you still need to be there as a parent for her... I feel bad too though cause I know he works, and I know he's tired.. but when he takes his 3 hour naps in the day.. I don't complain about not getting one... he doesn't understand that I don't get a break.. I don't get to leave and go out.. I don't get freedom like he does!!

Ahhhh

(sorry for the vent.. you can probably barely understand it lol I'm just SOO pissed right now...)
August 27th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry but you isn't wrong at ALL! He should know that this is his daugther too.
Maybe have a talk with him or something, cuz it isn't fair to you what-so-ever.
Ryan reminds me of Julian so much, its times like this I'm glad I ain't with him cuz it causes unnesscary stress.
Good Luck hun
August 27th, 2007, 06:23 PM
mommyofdani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyofdani
I can't think of any good advice right now...just "immature-what-Ryan-deserves-to-have-happen" kind of advice haha

But you are NOT wrong. =(

August 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have a good talk with him..Maybe when your daughter is napping or sleeping at night. I know where your coming from because i have been there!...watching dylan 24/7 while his dad worked 5 days a week (12+ hours) and would fish all weekend long or just sit around and drink! (he is also way into the gym to!! ###### are they close friends? lol) anyways tell him how you feel. explain to him how your day is everyday and that you know he works alot and you give him alot of credit. Since he has 2 days off and you have no days off he can watch her the whole day on one of his days off and you can have some alone time and maybe on the other day both of you can take care of her..Dont feel bad! if he has enough energy to workout then he can have enough energy to play and watch his daughter! why not give working out a break and go every other week? or workout 3 days and have a break 3 days?...anyways I hope the talk goes well. Dont let him get away with just watching her for half an hour a week..good luck and ::HUGS!::

August 27th, 2007, 06:30 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Nope, you're not a bit wrong. It's still his baby. Mike ticks me off sometimes too when he's like that, and our baby isn't even here yet! He says he doesn't know how much he'll be home when he goes away to school next week because he says he'll have schoolwork all weekend too. I was like, "well can't you do it here as well as there?".. he says a baby would be too distracting, but yet, I'm expected to finish high school and have the baby 24-7.. Ugh, I think it's just a guy thing.. there I've had my mini-vent too
August 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Dombone's Avatar Twilight Obsessor.
Not wrong at all! Being a parent is a 24/7 job! You do your part and he should do his! Even if he works "all day" he still has a second job when he gets home!
I would talk to him... I hope it works out

August 28th, 2007, 02:51 AM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well here is the thing, you work JUST as many- if not more hours- a week that he does. Simply explain that you too need a day off. Take Saturday as "Family day" all of you go out somewhere- like the park or something that will entertain Mikayla and wear her out. That way you both have time to relax in the evening and get a break. Maybe on Sundays, he takes her in the morning and then you take her in the afternoon- for some one on one time. That way each of you get your "me" time and you also get equal time alone with her. I hope this helps you!

Isabelle 24 Feb 07*Logan 20 Feb 08* Gabriel 8 June 12
Expecting the final addition 22 Feb 2014

August 28th, 2007, 03:24 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Thanks girls But.. I have talked to him and it just doesn't seem to get through I don't know, I'll try again and bring up some of the suggestions you guys gave me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search