Co-Sleeping

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2007, 06:36 AM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing my homework and trying to figure out what type of sleeping arrangement I want to do when the little one arrives. We are buying a crib, but I was thinking about co-sleeping for a little while.

How many of you co-slept with your lil ones?
For those who did, how did you like it?
Do you feel you had a stronger bond being closer at night?
How long did you do it for and what was the reason for stopping?
For those who decided against it, was there any one big reason why you chose not to?
How did your little ones adapt to crib/bassinette sleeping either right away(for non-co-sleeping mamas) or after co-sleeping?

Thanks ladies!!

Logan, 6 y/o, Gabriel 2 y/o, Aidan 7 m/o

August 28th, 2007, 06:40 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
How many of you co-slept with your lil ones? Me!
For those who did, how did you like it? I still do, and I prefer it. Even though she's getting older now, so I'll probably move her to her own bed soon.. it was nice having her there w/ me.. knowing she was ok.
Do you feel you had a stronger bond being closer at night? Yes but I don't think that everyone needs to sleep w/ their child to have a strong bond.
How long did you do it for and what was the reason for stopping? I still do it, and I've been doing it since she was 2 weeks.

Also, I chose to co-sleep because I was breastfeeding, and it made late night feedings easier PLUS it lessens the risk of SIDs and I just liked having her close
August 28th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How many of you co-slept with your lil ones? Me :0) Still do half the night
For those who did, how did you like it? I love it :0) I feel like I am protecting him, and I feel a bond. Sometimes I hate how I can't lay how I want to though
Do you feel you had a stronger bond being closer at night? Yup
How long did you do it for and what was the reason for stopping? We have been moving to the crib, but when he wakes up to eat (BF) he stays in the bed
For those who decided against it, was there any one big reason why you chose not to? n/a
How did your little ones adapt to crib/bassinette sleeping either right away(for non-co-sleeping mamas) or after co-sleeping?I guess it depends on how you do it. The first few months I cuddled with him and what not. Now we have our own areas and I cuddle SOMETIMES. I think this has helped him adjust to the crib, because he doesn't NEED to be cuddled.

August 28th, 2007, 07:11 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
I decided against it, for many reasons. We have a waterbed so she CANT sleep with us. Also babies get used to sleeping with you and it can be difficult to get them moved. My SIL has a 2 year old DD and she has to lay inher bed with her until she goes to sleep, she said sometimes she'll have to lay there for 3-4 hours because Skylar just lays there not wanting to go to sleep, then she wakes up in the middle of the night crying and goes and gets in their bed. DH didnt stop sleeping with his parents until he was 4. For some people they love it but Im just not one. When Mahayla has slept with us every move she made woke me up and every move I made woke her.

She did great sleeping in her bassinete, she was still close so to me it didnt make any difference with night time feedings. She actually prefered her crib over the bassinete which I can imagine the crib would be more comfortable.

In the end its just a personal choice that only you can make GL!
August 28th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I decided against it, for many reasons. We have a waterbed so she CANT sleep with us. Also babies get used to sleeping with you and it can be difficult to get them moved. My SIL has a 2 year old DD and she has to lay inher bed with her until she goes to sleep, she said sometimes she'll have to lay there for 3-4 hours because Skylar just lays there not wanting to go to sleep, then she wakes up in the middle of the night crying and goes and gets in their bed. DH didnt stop sleeping with his parents until he was 4. For some people they love it but Im just not one. When Mahayla has slept with us every move she made woke me up and every move I made woke her.

She did great sleeping in her bassinete, she was still close so to me it didnt make any difference with night time feedings. She actually prefered her crib over the bassinete which I can imagine the crib would be more comfortable.

In the end its just a personal choice that only you can make GL![/b]

I've seen in many situations where the childern who co-sleep have a very DIFFCULT time transferring into their crib.
Let's face it, you're gonna wanna have your alone time as well when you wanna be intimate with your man it's kinda hard to you know?
I personally just had a bassinet beside me when Dontae was a new born, and I was breastfeeding. During the day though, for his naps he slept in the crib so he could get a feel for it.
But good luck in whatever you decide
August 28th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Thank you for all the different points of views ladies!! I am happy to see that none of you regret either choice, that definitely adds some relief to me knowing that no one way is the wrong/right way!!

August 28th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
How many of you co-slept with your lil ones? I did
For those who did, how did you like it? I loved co-sleeping
Do you feel you had a stronger bond being closer at night? idk but it put me at ease and helped both of us get sleep
How long did you do it for and what was the reason for stopping? we co-slept for about a year she still periodicly comes to bed with me, but we stopped because i want her to be independent and able to sleep in her own bed
How did your little ones adapt to crib/bassinette sleeping either right away(for non-co-sleeping mamas) or after co-sleeping? She did pretty good she tryed to sucker me into bringing her back to bed with me but youjust have to stick to your guns now she just lays in bed cuddles her blanket and she is set

The funny thing was i said no no no before i had her about co-sleeping but then we pretty much co-slept since day one lol it made breastfeeding at night easyer for me because neither of us had to fully wake up. But it is defenetly a personal choice and IMO neither is a wrong choice!

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

August 28th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill
How many of you co-slept with your lil ones? I did with D'Andre.. needless to say, he's STILL sleeping with us

For those who did, how did you like it? It was great, he seemed to sleep better with me than in his crib.

Do you feel you had a stronger bond being closer at night? Not really.. I had plenty other time than just at night to bond with him.
How long did you do it for and what was the reason for stopping? I wish I could stop! We're still working on getting him in his own bed.

For those who decided against it, was there any one big reason why you chose not to? We chose not to with the twins because 1.) There isn't enough room in our bed for both. 2.) I didn't want to have TWO babies still sleeping with us at 2 years old..

How did your little ones adapt to crib/bassinette sleeping either right away(for non-co-sleeping mamas) or after co-sleeping? D'Andre was fine in his crib, I was just being kinda lazy I guess.. The twins do wonderfully in their basinette and crib, so that is where they'll remain.
August 28th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Lacey.♥s.Lemons's Avatar Mommy March '05 & Feb '10
Send a message via MSN to Lacey.♥s.Lemons Send a message via Yahoo to Lacey.♥s.Lemons
How many of you co-slept with your lil ones? We did for the first little while. But he hated it!
For those who did, how did you like it? It was a nightmare! Lol.
Do you feel you had a stronger bond being closer at night? No, he was kicking me in the ribs.
How long did you do it for and what was the reason for stopping? 3 months - then into his own crib.
For those who decided against it, was there any one big reason why you chose not to? He beat me up at night.
How did your little ones adapt to crib/bassinette sleeping either right away(for non-co-sleeping mamas) or after co-sleeping? When we moved him to his crib he started sleeping through the night.

Megan, have you seen these? I wish I had one, then maybe it would have made things better! Snuggle Nest

August 28th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Dombone's Avatar Twilight Obsessor.
I never coslept because I didn't want a 3 year old sleeping with me! And I wanted him to be able to sleep on his own without any help

August 28th, 2007, 11:51 AM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509

How many of you co-slept with your lil ones? I DO SOMETIMES WHEN SHE WONT FALL BACK ASLEEP IN HER CRIB
For those who did, how did you like it? ITS ANNOYING BECAUSE I HAVE A TWIN BED AND SHE TAKES UP TOO MUCH ROOM!!!
Do you feel you had a stronger bond being closer at night? I GUESS SO, KINDA
How long did you do it for and what was the reason for stopping?
For those who decided against it, was there any one big reason why you chose not to?
How did your little ones adapt to crib/bassinette sleeping either right away(for non-co-sleeping mamas) or after co-sleeping

August 28th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Megan, have you seen these? I wish I had one, then maybe it would have made things better! Snuggle Nest[/b]
Oh wow!! Thank you for the link! I will have to look into that!

August 28th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Tiffany1287's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiffany1287 Send a message via Yahoo to Tiffany1287
I still co sleep. She's only 4 months though. She sleeps in her crib sometimes really just whatever I feel like. I have a king size bed now so we both have tons of room. I just love having her there. I feel safer for some reason and I can sleep better.
August 28th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to molly987
We never co-slept.. mostly for fear of rolling on top of him.. and our bed is barely big enough for DH and I, and JJ thinks he needs the whole bed when he falls asleep.. I also didn't want him getting use to sleeping with us.. he sleeps a lot better in his own bed in his own room at night.

August 28th, 2007, 04:51 PM
irhungary1988's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many of you co-slept with your lil ones? I do only in the early mornings
For those who did, how did you like it? It was good.
Do you feel you had a stronger bond being closer at night? No. Sad to say.
How long did you do it for and what was the reason for stopping? I'm stopping it now because he's getting too old.
How did your little ones adapt to crib/bassinette sleeping either right away(for non-co-sleeping mamas) or after co-sleeping? very well.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waTnHuW/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search