QUESTION!

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2007, 10:03 AM
LauraS214's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure if this is where i should ask but i guess i can give it a go!

When i got my HIV test when i was pregnant it came back 1/2 ab positive and then the wb was inconclusive. i got tested again (by a diff doctor) and he seemed kind of confused and confused me. he said that his came back positive but the wb was negative so he said that i'm HIV neg.

I was reading another forum and i guess some pregnant women get a positive elisa and a neg. wb and they're HIV negative...i'm just wondering if this has happend to anyone on here?

The doctors really didn't explain anything to me (just said i'm HIV negative) and just made me worry. they didn't explain that sometimes results are like that...after reading that forum i'm not AS worried but i'd still like to know if it's happend to anyone on here

THANKS!

Chase 05.07.2007

Gavin 05.05.2011

Lucy 09.16.2013
August 30th, 2007, 10:06 AM
August2006Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to August2006Mommy
Sorry im not sure...i was always told my tests came back all negative...i hope someone can help u

August 30th, 2007, 10:40 AM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
I am no help either - both times I have had the done (BCP & Preg) Mine came back neg.

If U are worried U should go & talk to ur doctor. Make him explain it to U.

August 30th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Dombone's Avatar Twilight Obsessor.
Quote:
Sorry im not sure...i was always told my tests came back all negative...i hope someone can help u[/b]

August 30th, 2007, 11:13 AM
thanks!

i'm not really worried anymore after reading that one forum because it happend to quite a few pregnant people on there...the experts just said that it affects some womens immune systems differently so it makes the tests do that! i dunnoooo i think doctors should tell you that it could happen though! ugh!

Chase 05.07.2007

Gavin 05.05.2011

Lucy 09.16.2013
August 30th, 2007, 11:15 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I got pregnant with DD they gave me all the test and told me that my clhymidia test came back positive..and I was confused how that could be so they tested my DF and he came back neg. I had never slept with anyone else and they tested me later on and it was normal..my doc told me that some pregnant women can give off false positives on std test sometimes.

August 30th, 2007, 12:01 PM
mommyofdani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyofdani
The elisa tests for things other than just HIV. And naturally, a lot of tests are not 100% fullproof. If you are stressed/worried about it, get another test done. Usually the HIV virus can take up to 6 months to show a positive if you ARE in fact positive.

Example: Jane Doe just had unprotected sex with the man down the street about 2 weeks agho. She is scared and gets an HIV test done. It comes back negative. She has no sex or needle/drug use or blood transfusions within the next 6 months. She needs an std check for some reason or another. She tests positive for HIV. It is found to be from her one night stand 6 months prior.

Chances are, you are fine, but if it really is upsetting you about it, you can get a free test done.

August 30th, 2007, 10:09 PM
you girls are all so great! thanks so much!!

i feel better now just knowing someone else had the same problem with an STD test. being pregnant did a lot of weird things to me...so i'm assuming thats it!

i got tested in October and then in Jan for Feb i got retested and they said wait 12 weeks sooooooooo i think i'm fine.

again thank you!

Chase 05.07.2007

Gavin 05.05.2011

Lucy 09.16.2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search