We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So I posted a little while ago that I was really pushing into the winds about one of my midwives and everyone else on the planet being against me trying to have a VBAC. I was told left right and center it was impossible and that I was only putting my baby and myself at risk for complications and even death. I researched everything under the moon on having a VBAC, got a doula who believed in VBAC's and supported me 100%, and envolved myself more with my second midwife who believed in me, sometimes even more then I believed in myself at times.
I was due Sept 29, and had gone over due, we decided that since the risks increased on a VBAC by being induced, and the hospital I was going to birth at would not induce a VBAC, that it was probably time for me to consider booking a section for my 42nd week. I was calling all the OB-GYN's in the area, and so was my midwives, trying to set something up for Oct 12.
I went online and researched natural ways to induce labour other then the obvious having sex and stimulating nipples-sex was the last thing on my to do list and my nipples were aching enough! I found some accupressure and reflexology tips on inducing, and yes, broke down and had sex.
October 6 I started having pains later in the afternoon, some cramping, and contractions. I was breathing through them at home, and called my midwife who said she would meet me at the clinic for an assessment, because if we went to the hospital they would want to admit me for a section. I met her at the clinic, and I was only 3cm. So she sent me home and told me to call her if the contractions were any worse. I went home, and at 8pm called her to say I felt they were a little stronger but not by much, and they were varied in timing from 4-7 minutes apart. She said to call back when they are every 5 minutes apart. At 10:30, I had my husband call her and tell her that I couldn't wait anymore, they still were not 5 minutes apart but i wanted to get to the hospital for assessment. She tried to encourage me to labour more at home, and I told her I couldn't do it, I needed to get to the hospital for an assessment.
I arrived at the hospital at 11:30pm, waited a few minutes for them to set up to assess me. I was already 8cm!! So they were getting the delivery room ready, the monitors ready and my GBS swab came back positive so I needed to get the meds via IV, and they had to get that ready as well. It took them about an hour to get everything prepped, and do the IV (I had a student midwife doing everything so it was a little more time consuming). They did another assessment then, and I still had a bit of a shelf on my right side of my cervix but was completely dialated. My water was bulging, so they asked me to try to push to break it. No go. Finally they broke it-and after an hour of pushing my son was born at 4.35am. I had second degree tears so I didn't hold him right away, but I felt so proud to have my birth that I always wanted-completely natural med free.