Gabriel Phoenix, attempted VBA2C

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started contracting again on Sunday and by late evening I was thinking that it was finally it. We walked the neighborhood a couple times and tried to go to bed at 10 pm. By 11:30 I had a 3-5 minute pattern and we decided to get everything and the kids ready to go. We got to the hospital about 2 am on Monday and they put us on a monitor for a bit and then had us walk around for a while. They were almost ready to send us home but between 7 am and 8 am I went from 2 cm to 4 cm and they decided to keep us. I labored at 4 cm untill about noon and in the next hour I jumped to 6 cm. They decided to break my water, and then started pitocin an hour later. I got stuck at 6 for a while and finally jumped to 8cm at about 10 pm. By now Gabe was getting stressed out and I was having 3 contractions on top of each other and then would get a 2 or 3 minute break. Gabe was having a hard time bringing his heart rate back up during the breaks. We struggled with the decision of whether to get an epidural or not. We were stuck with a chance that by getting in bed I would stall, or do we continue and hope that I could try to relax enough for Gabe to be alright. We ended up getting the epi, hoping that I would relax enough to let Gabe recover a little and hoping I would dialate too. For the next 2 hours the nurses rolled and repositioned me to try to get Gabe in a spot where he wasn't stressing. One side of my cervix was gone, but I was still only 8 cm, the other side wouldn't go away. And no matter how I was positioned it wouldn't change and Gabe was getting less happy really quickly now. We made the decision to go with a c/s at about midnight and he was born at 12:44 am. His head had a lot of molding, and when it came to pulling him out they had to unstick his shoulder from my pelvis and hip. Turns out that the way he was wedged in he was coming down just a little off center and it could have been hours before we could have gotten him to move, if we could have gotten him to move at all. Over all I am really happy with my birth, I never felt like we were being pressured into the OR and I felt like the nurses and the L&D staff really tried everything to make my vbac happen. And I walked away feeling like I am Superwoman anyway, not only did I labor for that long, I could not be more thrilled with the fact that I made it as long as I did on pit without the epi. I really feel like we tried everything we could have. So I am happy with my birth.
August 2nd, 2009, 01:01 AM
amy219's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad everything worked out and you have a healthy baby boy!
August 2nd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Lady Moonlight's Avatar Freddy and Sammy's Mommy
I'm very sorry you did not get your VBAC. You did everything you could. But if he was stuck, there's not a whole lot that can be done to fix that. You tried all that you could. Way to go! I'm glad that you can be happy with your birth.

August 2nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter was coming off center too, and I pushed for several hours without anything happening, so I know first hand in situations like that a c-section is truly needed. I'm sorry things didn't turn out the way you had planned, but I'm glad that you are both healthy, and that you feel at peace with the way things turned out. Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics, and a speedy recovery to you too!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search