My Vbac- 11/21/09 Charles Lucas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2009, 05:58 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
My birth went so much better thani could have ever hoped. Friday night i was getting so worried, i actually cried for 2 hours at home - like hysterical crying, lol, becuase i was so afraid of what saturday held for me. So once i calmed down, things got a lot better for me. I went in on Saturday with a positive attitude and tried to keep my nerves under control. I figured that since i was GBS + i would have 4 hours of antibiotics before they started my pitocin, well i was very wrong, they started them both at 6:30 am, and by 7am, i started getting some mildly strong contractions. I went into the hospital at 2.5 cm and at around 8:30, the doctor came in and broke my water, which btw was probably the most embarassing moment of my life to date, lol. I had SO much water, it serioulsy gushed out ( at the doctor) about 5 times. Each time the doctor let out a startled OMG, lol. I just kept apologizing, even though i new it wasnt my fault, lol. But DH, the doctor , the nurse and myself were all cracking up during this, becuase as embarassing as it was, it was so funny. After my water broke and the doctor saw how much i lost and how flat my stomach had become, that he assumed my labor would go very fast from this point...considering i was already at 5cm, and had only been on Pitocin for 2 hours. Well before the doctor left, my contractions intensified tremendously, so i said to order the Epi, becuase he said it would take at least an hour for it to get there. I went about 2 hours without an epi( after my water broke), and by 1030 i got my glorious epidural. After that i just spend the next 2 hours relaxing and trying to sleep. I had to spend the whole time on my side with an oxygen mask because the babies HR kept decelerating if i got in any other positions. When the doctor came in at 1130 to check on my progress since the Epi, i was at 8cm 2+ station and the doctor said i would be pushing within the half hour. The nurse came in at noon and said that since i wasnt feeling any pressure, that she would wait a bit to check me, and hope that that little extra time helped move Charlie even more into posiiton. Well at about 1230 the nurse checked me and i was fully dialated, so she started getting the room prepared for me to start pushing, in the meantime the doctor came in to check on me, adn the nurse said she was jut about to have me start pushing, so he checked me and started to get dressed for me to deliver.
Pushing was serioulsy one of the hardest things ive even had to do. I was so numb from the epi that i couldnt feel if i was even pushing. I was holding my legs so tight and bearing down with everything i had. ( my arms and back are so sore from this today) I pushed for 44 minutes and my little man was born into the world. They were worried for a little bit that they might have to use the vaccum but in the end i was able to get a few really good pushes in and was able to deliver him on my own.
Dh was amazing during the whole thing, he was so sweet during my 2 hours of intense pain, he just rubbed my head and told me iw as doing great, and when it came time to push he was cheering me on and holding my leg for me. He did 2 things he said he wold never do, look "down there" and cut the ambilical cord. Im so glad he was able to experience it all.

I had second degree tears and im super sore, but overall feeling great. it was a totally difference experience than what i had with Mackenzie, not necessarily better, just different. I am so incredibly amazed at what my body just went through and really just cant believe it all happened so fast and easy for me.

November 27th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
lovely story! I'm so glad you were able to get the birth you wished for.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog
June 15th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for posting this. I really hope to have a VBAC with #2 and this story gives me hope!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search