Lily Bee Shane's birth story 12*27*05

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2007, 06:54 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
just so you kno, my doc let me go twelve days late with her... i wasnt a happy camper at the end of this pregnancy.

ok here is lily's birth story and its going to be long.

so on monday night i was admitted into the hospital for an induction. my parents dropped me off and i told mike not to worry about coming that night because he would do nothing but sleep as would i. and when i was hooked up to the monitor they saw that i was having regular contractions about 5 minutes apart. something i hadnt noticed. so my parents left, i got hooked up to my iv and they put in the cervidil at about 9. i was on the phone with mike about 11ish and the contractions go REALLY bad. i look on the monitor, and they were hitting 100 and they were every minute. i called the nursing station and asked for some type of iv drug because i didnt want th epidural til i was at least 3 cms. they checked, i was a fingertip dialated and they gave me the stadol. omg i was so out of it. but by 3am the contractions were back even though the cervidil had fallen out during a drugged trip to the bathroom. at that point i was still a fingertip dialated so they wouldnt give me anything. so somehow i got to the morning

at about 7 in the morning i called mike because i knew they would be starting the pitocin soon and i dindt want to have really strong contractions without him there. so he got to the hospital about 9:30ish and they started the pitocin. we spent most of the morning and afternoon taking catnaps. and the contractions hurt but i was able to breathe through them, and from the monitor i knew they were pretty strong. i was so sure they were dialating me. at about 5 the contractions got really painful. i kept on asking the nurses when my doc was coming and they kept putting me off. at 6:30 ish i had enough and i was begging for an epidural. they checked and i had only progressed to 1 cm and my water broke on its own. this is when i about lost it. i started getting hysterical though when jeopardy and wheel of fortune was on it gave me something o focus on. but at this point i knew the baby was just not coming naturally if i didnt progress anyway, plus there were no head compressions on the monitor (heart rate drops when conractions are at their peak)

at 9ish i about had it when the attending and nurse came in to tell me that my doc had called and he had decided to give me a c section. i was so relieved. yes my doc hadnt come to see me but i just didnt care at this point. mind you there was still no epidural in me.

so at 10:15 at night dr. grecco showed up. they had already put the catheter in me, and i was whisked holding my catheter bag and leaking amnionitc fluid (they made me walk) to the operating room. this is when my anxiety started and i had the shakes real bad. they started the spinal which, imo, is just as bad as a contraction ( and i thought my pierced and tatted self could handle it, yea right) but my doc was the one who held me and even patted my head when it got bad. so they strapped me on the table and it was like novocaine shooting up my legs. then this woman in scrubs came over to me and introduced herself as dr grecco's wife (who is also an ob/gyn) and he had asked her to help out since it was too late to get another doc. i thought that was so cool.

they brought mike in and i started getting nauseous. the anesthesiologist gave me a shot of something. then before i knew it i heard i heard screaming. mike burst out in tears and i was like whose baby is that( mind you they also hocked me up on morphine) when they brought her to me i kissed her hello and said hi lily, then got nauseous again. so mike left to go to the nursery and i was nodding in and out on the table. but did get to see my placenta. they brought me to recovery where i slept on and off til mike came and he was like how beautiful she was. then mike left to go spend the night at a friends and he proceeded to finish a bottle of scoth whiskey to celebrate.

i was brought up to my room around 3ish. they finally brought her in and i got to see her for the first time. and she got on my breast relatively quickly.

the c section hurts, and no one warned me about the swelling but we are both doing fine. im going to try to feed her again. she is screaming and grandma and grandpa are taking care of her and i feel like a bad mother.

ooh and her stats:

Lily Bee Shane
December 27th, 2005
10:54 pm
8lbs 6 oz 21 inches long

November 19th, 2007, 02:02 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Thank you for sharing your story with us !

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search