Autumn Rose (long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2007, 09:16 AM
ibdancn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi. My name is Jess. I've been lurking here on the VBAC board for awhile and finally decided to join in. Here's my story:

DH and I got preggo w/ DD on our honeymoon. Unplanned but very exciting. At around 27 weeks gestation, I told my doc that she was breech. My doc (whom I didn't really like anyways) said, "Oh that's okay. She still moves a lot at this point." *shrug* Okay. You're the doc. At my next appt, Autumn (DD) still hadn't changed positions. I told the doctor this and she still said that we had a lot of time. It kept going like this until I was 37 weeks pregnant. Doc felt around and said "Oh. Hm... Did you know your baby is breech?" Uh... yeah, I knew that. So she did an ultrasound to check, and sure enough, I had a big rock under my ribs. No kidding?!?! So she then and there scheduled my c-section. No trying to turn her, no options. Just, here, come in for your c-section on this date. I was pretty upset needless to say. Not only that but she scheduled my c-section for 3 days before my due date. Well Autumn must've felt my anxiety because she came at 38 1/2 weeks gestation. I hated every part about the c-section. It was so sterile and scary. I'm sure you ladies know. I hated that I didn't get to hold my baby, that I had to be whisked off to recovery instead. I hated the recovery time. I threw up like crazy from the meds. Yeah, I hated it. Here is her birth story.

I woke up on Wednesday, March 29th, at 4:45 in the morning. I felt a trickle coming out but it had been a few hours since I peed so I figured I was just leaking a little. So I got up and went to the bathroom, changed my pantyliner and went back to bed. I didn't fall asleep though because as soon as I layed down, more came out. Well that's when the thought popped in my head that it just might be my water. So I went back to the bathroom and as soon as I stood up, a lot more came out. So I went and put a pad on and smelled the distinct smell of amniotic fluid. I was freaking out... in an excited way though. I just kept thinking, "Oh my gosh! This is it! Today's the day!"

So I went and woke Cory up and said, "Sweetie, my water broke." He was kinda out of it and he said, "What color was it? What'd it smell like? Are you sure?" I told him I was pretty sure so he told me to go call the hospital. They told me to come in and they'd test it.

We got there about 5:15 am and they tested me. Sure enough, my water had broken and I was dilated to 2 cm. There were, however, 2 other c-sections ahead of me to be performed by the same doctor. Makes you kinda wonder about your doctor huh? So they put me in a labor room. Well I started getting contractions about one hour after my water broke. They didn't hurt right away but they were coming pretty often. So Cory started timing them and they were about 5 minutes apart! Then, they started hurting a lot. I got to the point where I couldn't talk through my contractions anymore. I don't know what I was dilated to because they didn't check cuz it was a c-section anyways.

So finally after 6 hours of labor, they came in and said, "Okay, we're ready to prep you!" Thankfully, that didn't take as long as I expected. I had a spinal (which didn't hurt at all) and immediately went numb. They put the sheet up and I didn't even notice that they had started cutting me. I could feel them messing w/ my tummy, but I just thought they were pushing on it or something. So when I realized that they were in me, I told Cory to distract me cuz I couldn't think about it. So he starts asking me about dance and competitons and stuff, which I know he doesn't care about, but it worked. Then they said that I was going to feel some pressure because they had to push the top of my stomach to get the baby out. Cory goes, "Okay this is it. We're about to find out if the ultrasound was right!" Cuz he was freaked out that it would be wrong.

I heard my doctor say "Oh wow! You are quite breech aren't you!" Which I'm not sure exactly what that meant. But then I heard her cry and it was the most amazing sound in the world. I saw her but because of the way my hands were positioned, I couldn't hold her. I had to go to recovery while Autumn went w/ Daddy. He was so cute with her though. They had this instant bond. It was a good 2 1/2 hours before I got to hold her. I was so anxious. I started breastfeeding right away and she did really good with it.

So that's my birth story! I was kind of excited to have one instead of, "Well, I went in for my scheduled c-section and *poof* there she was."

So this time, DH and I decided we were going for a VBAC. This is a little tough because here in ID, they won't do them in hospitals. However, we found a midwife clinic near our home that our insurance will cover, so long as we use the birthing center instead of our home. We love the environment there and the midwives are super nice and encouraging. I'm very scared to do a VBAC and no meds. But I know it will be worth it.

Thank you Chelsea (marriedc) for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search