nathan eric

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
on tusday jan 22ed i woke up at about 7 am with contractions, i dident think i was in ture labohr yet because i was still only 33 weeks, after about 2 hours i was haeing quite a bit but there was no patern to them, but i called my dr he told me to lay on my left side while drinking lots of water and to come in if they dont stop in a few hours, they dident stop so we went to L+D, they hooked me up to the mononters put me on my side and gae me some water to drink. after about 40 of montering me, the dr checked me and i was dilated to a 2, and he admited me and said they wher going to try and stop my labhor for at least 24 hours while they gae me steroides, so i was gien a pill and a shot but the contrations keep geting closer and closer together, about 2 hours after the first check the dr came in agin and gae me another pill and checked me agin and i was at a 4 and he said then he dident think this baby would wate the 24 hours and he was haeing an ultrsound done so the niuc unit could see about his size before the deliery, as soon as the ultrasound started we could see he was transers and i knew i wouldent be geting my bac, nathan was laying acrost my belly with one arm down into the birth canal, as soon as the ultrasound tech left my dr came back in and said he was sorry we had to do another c cection,i would hae to hae one een if i had neer had a c cection before, and he checked me agin and i was at a 7, then he said, your going really fast we cant wate aney longer at all, and said he was sorry agin, then the nicu dr came and talked to me about what to expect and they started preping me, i was taken to the operating room and a dr came in to put in my spinal tap, when i was sat up for it my water broke and it had mediurim in it. the spinal hurt alot going in, i had a epi with my last c cection and i think it numed me alot more than the spinal because i was much more aware of what was going on the whole time, with nick the drs seems really far way, i dident feal aney tuging or hear aney sniping but this time it was like i was just num inought so i wasent alot of pain but knew exactly what was going on but i started to panic about half way throw and was gien some laughting gas, which just made things worse but then nathan came out screaming and was handed to my husband, he was coered in mediqurem and my husband said its another boy and then he was take and wiped down and gien oxygen and he was taken to the nicu and i was taken to recoery, wher i was really in lots of pain and the nurse keep pushing on my belly eery 10 min, and it really hurt, after a bit they wealed me threw the nicu and then to my room. nathan is doing really well, he has had no major setbacks and my recoery hasent been to bad at all,
im fealing alot beter about haeing a c section than i thought i would, i think it helps knowing that my body would of dilatated and done eerything it is supoto if nate would of been in the right position

the key between c and b is broken on my keybord, sorry
January 28th, 2008, 01:02 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Thank you for sharing your story hun . I'm sorry you didn't get your VBAC this time but your right , your body was doing great had baby not been transverse , and it sounds like your doctor was really nice about it all which was good . I'm so glad your both doing well and that your feeling ok with your section , congrats on your lil boy !

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

January 30th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Tofu Bacon
I'm glad you are both recovering well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search