question about plastic text

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i did the glass text tutorial, and even though seeing the end result before doing it i knew thats not what i was looking for but did it any wasy for the heck of it lol

but i am thinking its called plastic text- i want the text that mostly everyone uses on most of the siggies, where the letters a somewhat bubbled, and it looks like theres a shine to it.. how do i do that? it doesnt even have to look bubbled that was just an example, but i want the shined look. where theres like that lil shine mark at the corners of the letters- KWIM?
April 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I think the what you mean is the bevel & emboss. You would add that just like you would doing the glass text, except you wouldn't change the Technique or the Gloss Contour. Let me know if you need screen shots.
April 3rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
im gona be a pain in the butt.. but i just might lol.. i have adhd and i really do NOT understand things unless i have a visual.. thats why you probably see me asking a bunch of questions lol thanks hun, i appareciate it! im new to the CS3, well photoshop all together really
April 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
OK, type out your text like I have here.

Then click on the fx in the layer palette, where I have circled in purple here.

Then choose Bevel and Emboss like I have here.

These should be the default settings that pop up, but you can play around with it till you get the exact look you're going for. I usually just go with the default settings.

And the end result.

Let me know if you need anything else.
April 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
nope thanks a bunch!.. but i do have a question about the display names lol.. i did PM you, but maybe you got tied up or busy or something.. but my display name wont change, and it says im allowed once 30 days or something and it says i have made 1 change since feb 27th so i cant change my display name.. but i havent made any changes.. this display name was my change on feb 27th.. how can i change my display name?
April 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Quote:
nope thanks a bunch!.. but i do have a question about the display names lol.. i did PM you, but maybe you got tied up or busy or something.. but my display name wont change, and it says im allowed once 30 days or something and it says i have made 1 change since feb 27th so i cant change my display name.. but i havent made any changes.. this display name was my change on feb 27th.. how can i change my display name?[/b]
I can change it. What would you like it to be?
April 3rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
umm..

Mama2aPrince

if thats taken then the same with 122 at the end.. thanks so much!!!! i couldnt figure out why it was saying that. i really appreciate it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search