3 questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Castaway
1. How do I do a "borderless" bent photo?

2. I see the siggys where there are quotes that run in a circle around a circle photo, how do you do this? Yes, I have done it before but I bet I'm doing it some super hard way. I imagine there are easier ways.

3. How do I take a photo, keep the original background but have a cut out at the same time peeking above a frame? I can do cut outs half in and out of a frame but I don't know how to do it using the original background, I think I know how it is done but I just want to make sure there isn't an easier way before attempting it the hard way. If I'm confusing I will find an example.

Thanx!

April 11th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
1. Borderless bent photo using BBeffect action

2. Text on a Path

3. I think you mean like the partial cutout in my siggy? Connor's head is peeking out of the frame, but the white wall behind him is the original background. Well, I'm sure there are different ways to do it but I'll just tell you MY way. I think it's the easy way, hope so anyway. Ok, all I did was get the original photo sized how I wanted it, then put the frame on top of it and place it where I want it. Some of the photo will be outside the frame of course. Then I duplicate my photo layer. With the bottom photo layer, I just deleted the part of the background that was outside the frame the usual way. Then with my frame layer selected, I use my magic wand to select the area inside the frame. Then I brought my top photo layer (will be the "cutout) above the frame layer and switch to quick mask mode. At this point it's pretty easy, I just erase the parts that I want to stick out of the frame -- in my current siggy that's just the top of his head and his crazy curly hair. Then I just go out of quick mask mode, go to select>inverse and delete. Hope that made sense. It's easier than it sounds.

ETA -- I always keep the bottom photo layer, even though it seems unnecessary. I expand that layer 3-4 pixels beyond the inside of the frame, otherwise I end up with jagged edges or it looks like it's just a pixel or so shy of fitting in the frame. You probably already figured that out though.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
April 11th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
April 12th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Castaway
Thank you so much! Off to play around now.

April 21st, 2008, 06:43 PM
Castaway
Okay, I was trying out this text on a path and I get stuck, I get to the part where the dancing ants stop and then I put my curser over where I want to type but the cursor doesn't change, I can type but it doesn't do the path thing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? TIA

April 22nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
You have to make your selection a path. Go to Window>Paths and it will bring your path palette up. Click little circle that looks like it has a rope around it (circled in the image below). That converts your selection to a path.

Then go back to your layer palette and select your text tool. Make sure you hover it around the path till you see the text tool change a bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search