animation help.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2008, 08:12 PM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
How do you animate different pictures. Instead of just doing three pictures in the same spot, what if you were doing three different pictures in one spot and three different pictures in another. how would you do that? I have PSE7 and when I tried earlier it said there were too many layers. Also, how would you keep the frame in place and have the pics move still?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!
December 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Dean's Mommy's Avatar ~Samantha~
Quote:
How do you animate different pictures. Instead of just doing three pictures in the same spot, what if you were doing three different pictures in one spot and three different pictures in another. how would you do that? I have PSE7 and when I tried earlier it said there were too many layers. Also, how would you keep the frame in place and have the pics move still?[/b]

I was wondering the same thing. I just got PSE7, and I need help! haha
Maybe Trish could help if she sees this. She always helps if she can.

*Siggy under construction*

**If you would like a siggy, please PM me a request.** *View my gallery**View my Blog*
January 4th, 2009, 08:53 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
sorry i haven't checked the pse area in a while since i don't work with it anymore. but i believe i understand your question enough to help.

1st - create the layout of your siggy. go ahead and place all your elements and frames where you want them. add your shadows and text, and then save it as a PSD file incase you have to make changes to it later. after you've saved it, merge all the layers down until you get to the frames. INCLUDE the frames with that grouping. rename your layer with all the top stuff "Top". next, merge everything after the frames to 1 layer, name it "Bottom" (make sure your last layer is a plain white layer). You should now have two layers.

2nd - open your photos and place them in the siggy. resize and postion them to where you want them. if you have, say, 2 frames you are working with place the first pictures to go in BOTH frames and after you are happy with positioning and sizing merge them together and rename the layer 1. Then repeat with the next pictures to show in each going up a number each time you re-name.

3rd - the next part is to duplicate your Top and Bottom layers however many times you have picture layers. then to arrange them as so: (from bottom up) Bottom, 1, Top; Bottom, 2, Top; and so on. if you are happy with the positioning of your pictures merge the sets of three (Bottom, #, Top). then re-name your bottom layer 1, next layer 2, and so on.

NOTE: this will NOT give your pictures any fading into each other effect, it will only switch them out.

I hope this helps let me know if you need furter help.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
January 5th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Dean's Mommy's Avatar ~Samantha~
Thanks Trish, you are awesome! I am going to try it out, I will update on how it goes!

*Siggy under construction*

**If you would like a siggy, please PM me a request.** *View my gallery**View my Blog*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search