reducing file size in an animated siggy?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2009, 05:52 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Once I have finished animating a siggy, and I go to "Save for Web and Other Devices" to save it as a GIF, is there any easy way to reduce the file size if it comes out to be too big (other than just shrinking the overall image dramatically)? I just finished making one and it came out to be 750K. I'm not sure how to fix this without retracing all of my steps. Any tips?

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
November 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
try this:

Free Online Image Editor

i have never used it before but seems easy enough? also.. i will go out on a limb and say i'd guess that the quality will be sacrificed if you make the file size smaller.. i was gonna test out a gif but i cleared out siggies i had made the other day so any animations are gone ;\

check out my ETSY shop: www.lovemyhero.etsy.com
November 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
try this:

Free Online Image Editor

i have never used it before but seems easy enough? also.. i will go out on a limb and say i'd guess that the quality will be sacrificed if you make the file size smaller.. i was gonna test out a gif but i cleared out siggies i had made the other day so any animations are gone ;\

blah my internet glitched and double posted, oops!

November 3rd, 2009, 05:09 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Thanks, I will have to try that! It's weird because I made a siggy and animated it and it was way less than 250kb (the one in my current signature), then I came back to just make a few changes to it and it came out to 750kb. It's strange because I actually REMOVED several elements, but then I added a few others. I guess the element files must all be different sizes when you download them. Weird...maybe I'll just stick to non-animated siggies until I get the hang of this a little more.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
November 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
it could just be the difference of using 2 or 3 frames as opposed to using like 5.. each frame is going to multiply the file size yannow?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search