Animation in PSE 5

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
This is the siggy we will make:

I'm sure others have their own way of doing this, but I'm posting what's easiest for me lol!

I start with my text. I wrote "I love Animation".

Then I added the box. I made a new layer, then used the rectangular marquee tool. Hold shift while you drag it so it makes a perfect square. Then I went to Edit> Stroke (outline) Selection and added a purple stroke of 2px.

Now it should look like this:

Hit Esc to deselect the square.

Now open the first pic you'd like to use. I used the rectangular marquee tool again (make sure you hold shift), but you can also crop it as long as you make it a perfect square.

Hit Copy. Then go back to the siggy and paste it. I put the picture layer under the purple box to make sure I don't cover any of the square. Zoom in so you make sure you fit it in the box right. (DOH! I used a different pic for this screen shot.. pretend it's the toothbrush pic ) Then click the green check mark or hit enter.

Save this image. I save it as both a PSP document, and a JPEG (save for web) Let's save it as "Frame 1".

Now copy the rest of your images into the siggy like we did with this one. I only used two pics total, but you can do as many as you want. Make sure you save them all for web as Frame 1, Frame 2, etc so it's easy to animate them.

Once you have all your pics in the purple square.. Here's what I do. Honestly I think it's easier to close out of everything in PSE or I get too confused. Especially if you are animating a lot of photos. So close out of all of them (again, make sure they are all saved as JPEGs (or Gifs.. doesn't really matter) )

So now you'll have Frame 1 and Frame 2. Drag Frame 2 into Frame 1. That's it. Then go to "Save for Web".

Make it a GIF and make sure you put a check in the "animate" box (circled in Red). Then down at the bottom right (circled in blue) change how long you would like the frames to be. I typed in 1.5 seconds. I honestly have no idea what any of the other options do. I haven't played around with it much.

Then hit OK. So that's it! Your siggy should be done. Let me know if you have any questions Obviously this is a very simple siggy.. you can play around with it. Just make sure that any brushes or anything don't move in the different frames or your animation won't match up.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

May 19th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I go to the Save for Web, it displays it with the box for 1.5 seconds, then my first picture, then the box picture and words....it doesn't just do the whole siggy together...does that make sense??

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

May 19th, 2007, 07:51 PM
ShanMarie's Avatar Is it spring yet?
You have to save each image separately as a PSD file and then go back and open them all up. I merge all the layers on one frame first and then I save it, if that helps at all. If not, then it will play each layer separately... Drag them from your photo bin into the working area in the order you want them to go and then click save for web. At the bottom where you determine the amount of time between each, you can preview by clicking the arrow to go thru the different frames that are going to be in your animation.

Does that help?
Preston-3
Cameron-1

May 20th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think so....I don't have the time to try right now, but that makes sense...Thanks so much, I will ask again if it doesn't work out!

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

July 8th, 2007, 08:38 AM
lynaiah2002's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a quick question, when I'm saving it "Save for Web" I have GIF selected but it's not letting me use animation as a choice... did I mess up somewhere lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search