Tips for running the BBeffects action

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
When running the action, play around with the different steps. Here are a few things I do to get better bent photos:

1. I turn the stroke off. I think sometimes you need it, but mostly it makes for a jagged edge when you resize.
2. Adjust the gaussin blur. I don't think it needs to be at 6 for a smaller photo. I usually always drop mine down to 1.
3. Delete or lower the opacity of the glow layer. I think sometimes it adds to the bent effect, but most often it doesn't.
4. Lower the opacity of the drop shadow. 60% is what it defaults to, and I think it's a little too dark.

August 26th, 2007, 05:34 PM
ShanMarie's Avatar Is it spring yet?
Quote:
When running the action, play around with the different steps. Here are a few things I do to get better bent photos:

1. I turn the stroke off. I think sometimes you need it, but mostly it makes for a jagged edge when you resize.
2. Adjust the gaussin blur. I don't think it needs to be at 6 for a smaller photo. I usually always drop mine down to 1.
3. Delete or lower the opacity of the glow layer. I think sometimes it adds to the bent effect, but most often it doesn't.
4. Lower the opacity of the drop shadow. 60% is what it defaults to, and I think it's a little too dark.[/b]
I usually leave the stroke on, unless I am going to resize it too. I also make the gaussin blur to 2.0 for all the photos that I do, I will have to try to make it a 1 next time I do it! I also lower the glow to either 10% or delete it all the way. I never knew to lower the shadow.

I also unlink the layers and move the image up some to match the shadow more, that way I dont have a hangover, if you know what I mean. I also delete the backgroundof it to, and after I do all of that, I merge all the layers together.

Rachel I do have a question though and maybe you can help me with it. If I have more than one pic open and I go to do the action, it always takes one of my other pics that i have worked on and uses it to make the copy. So I lose one of the pics that I was working on. Is there a way to make it not do that? Like for the siggy that I made for Candacesoon yesterday, I had to save each one after I bent it and it usually used the one I just made as the copy. Does that make sense???
Preston-3
Cameron-1

August 26th, 2007, 06:40 PM
That is a big problem with the bbeffects action. I always always save my work before running the action, because I've had to start over way too many times.
August 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Glad to know that I am not the only one!! Thanks Rachel!!
Preston-3
Cameron-1

August 28th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Corey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
okay. how the heck do you control all those options? the only thing i have control over is the gaussian blur. when it try to move the layers or anything it just beeps at me. when i click stop, it cancels the action all together. i use PSE5. i don't even use this action much; i do it manually because i don't always like what the action does.

August 28th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure about running it in PSE. I'm guessing that since some of the options don't work in PSE, then you wouldn't be able to change them either. I'll have to take a look for you Corey.
August 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Corey, let me play with it later and I will let you know.
Preston-3
Cameron-1

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search