PS8 - how to flood fill with a jpg image?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2007, 05:46 AM
*Fiona*
Girls, I wonder if anyone can help me please?

In PSP, I know you can open an image say a small image, and you would like to use this small img to flood fill the background of something you are making.... make sense?

Can I do this in PS8?? I've been trying to figure it out for ages and it's driving me mad!!!
October 7th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
If you click on the gradient tool, right click on it and you'll see the option to switch to the bucket fill tool.
October 7th, 2007, 07:03 AM
*Fiona*
Yeh but I can't figure out how to flood fill with an image rather than my foreground colour. I'm not quite sure how to explain, does that make a bit more sense?
October 7th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Yeh but I can't figure out how to flood fill with an image rather than my foreground colour. I'm not quite sure how to explain, does that make a bit more sense? [/b]
Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry. Hmmm, you can use the pattern stamp. You'd have to turn your JPG into a pattern. To do that with the JPG open, click Edit>Define Pattern. Then select your pattern stamp tool (right click on your clone tool) and just paint over where you want to see the pattern. You can also do a pattern overlay in the blending options area, once you've defined your JPG as a Pattern.

Let me know if that made sense and if not, I'll get some screen shots for you.
October 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
detk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yeh but I can't figure out how to flood fill with an image rather than my foreground colour. I'm not quite sure how to explain, does that make a bit more sense? [/b]
I'm not sure I understand, do you mean using a pattern of some sort to fill a part of the image?
October 21st, 2007, 12:27 PM
*Fiona*
Sorry it took me so long to check back here (memory is bad )

But OMG you're a genius!!!!!!!!!!! I love it thank you!!!
October 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Sorry it took me so long to check back here (memory is bad )

But OMG you're a genius!!!!!!!!!!! I love it thank you!!![/b]
Oh yeah! Glad that worked for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search