Can you help?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paint Shop Pro Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2009, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tia Send a message via Yahoo to tia
Hi guys. My husband got me Paint Shop Pro Ultimate PHOTO X2 yesterday for my birthday. Anywho, I've had time to quickly mess with it but not for long. I figured out how to make a picture black and white. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the pix black and white but make certain things stay colored. Any help?
May 31st, 2009, 03:56 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I'm sure someone can explain this better..but you need to open the picture you want to make b/w with color & duplicate it. Then take the duplicated one turn it to b/w and place it on your original picture. Then take your eraser tool & erase the parts you want to be colored.

Hope thats clear!

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
May 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How do I place the B&W onto the color? I figured everything else out. Thanks
June 1st, 2009, 12:23 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
hmm... can you drag and drop? i don't use PSP so i'm not sure. that's how i do it in PS though. you could also just try selecting the b/w version and then use the copy/paste commands to place it on top of the colored photo.

i'm sure a PSP user will be able to answer soon.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
June 1st, 2009, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I kind of figured it out. I don't think I did it "correctly" but whatevs. I copied the b&w one and "layered" it on the colored one. When I tried to erase the b&w where I wanted color, it just didn't work? i was able to "erase the foliage" and that kept HER b&w, but the grass and leaves were their color.

Just to give y'all an idea...I wanted this pix black and whit and the flowers on her head in color.
June 1st, 2009, 09:22 AM
Zarziza's Avatar I have ooodles of IT!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zarziza
Hope i can explain better lol..Open your pics, then duplicate it. On the right where you see all your layers, click on the top one. Go to Effects, photo effect, choose B/W. Still on this layer the B/W one ( when you're working on a layer it is highlighted blue) Erase the flower on the head. Or you can use your lasso tool and select it then cut. Hope this helps

June 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ooo that makes sense! Give me a few and I'll try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search