Feel ridiculous asking this but....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paint Shop Pro Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2009, 11:41 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why is it so complicated to digital scrapbook using PSP?

Is there some magic book that I just didnt get teh memo to buy? lol

Can someone give me the 2nd grade version? I get how to enhance, how to crop/cut/all that type of stuff..but the papers and kits and all the stuff that makes a siggy totally eludes me. Where do I find all that stuff? How do I get the kits? How do I load them into PSP?

I am SO confused! What did you do to learn? Is there a book called

"Michelle...here is how you make a Siggy and digital scrapbook using PSP!"

lol

I want SO bad to start making my b.day invitations and cards, and all the things i can do with paper scrapbooking, but I had photoshop (the major expensive one) for a YEAR and now PSP and i am totally lost!

How did you learn? I spent about 97 hrs yesterday just trying to find the papers and elements...am I just making this way complicated?
Thanks in advacne for all your help! I just wnat to make my own siggy and make my scrapbboking stuff... (and invitations, cards, collages, baby announcements for baby #3, all that good stuff!)

ugh.

eta- I really am not THAT slow..so give me a headstart and I can pretty much figure anything out. I just am so lost right now!! After a year
Suzannah (2.5)

Last edited by momma2princesses; June 13th, 2009 at 11:43 PM.
June 14th, 2009, 12:07 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
ok, i know nothing about psp, but as for where get the stuff we use, they are digital scrabooking kits. here's a link to my favorite freebie site:
Scrapping with IkeaGoddess
after you download stuff you have to unzip the file they came in (with new versions of window you right click and then go to extract, older versions you need a program like winzip) then you open the papers and elements in psp the same way you would a picture.

hope that helps some.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
June 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Zarziza's Avatar I have ooodles of IT!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zarziza
also try digifree and DigiScrapDepot and dafont for fonts. When you extract, i like to extract to each one their own folder and i usually have one big oder for all the kits. So you'd open your PSP. I you don't see your palettes, go to view palettes, then you can see all your folder on the bottom or left, choose your kit.
Go to file new, start with a canvass 1000 by 1000, Drag your fist element, i it's a tagger ize kit, you can drag directly onto the canvass, for fulll size one i normally double click and use the poiter tool to resize, then copy and paste in my siggy doc. For each element you put on the canvass, they go on a layer each so you can move them where you want. you can also hide an element i you don't like it but don't want to delete it, go to your layers palettes and click on the eye. Hope that gives you a head start for now.

Naz.

June 14th, 2009, 01:01 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
THANK you both so much for taking the time to give this silly girl a clue I stayed up until 1am trying to figure out everything I was making it WAY too difficult! You know how with the brushes you import them? I was trying to figure out how to import my papers and elements to fit in there so I could just stamp them in or something lol!!

Thanks again
Suzannah (2.5)

June 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Zarziza's Avatar I have ooodles of IT!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zarziza
you're welcome and happy scrapping!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search