Hooray! I finally did it! Please CC.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paint Shop Pro Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Okay, so I finally downloaded the free 30-day trial version of Paint Shop Pro. It turned out to be 500 times easier to use than Gimp! I finally managed to make a siggy that I am halfway-satisfied with. Here it is:

Any comments/critiques/criticisms/suggestions would be much appreciated. Be honest; you won't hurt my feelings.

Also, I have a question about fonts: I did manage to download some nice fonts from dafont.com and get them installed on the program. However, when I tried to use them I was unable to change the colors or modify the font in any way. I could only change the colors when I used one of the fonts that originally came with the program (Comic Sans). Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

TIA!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
July 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Zarziza's Avatar I have ooodles of IT!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zarziza
Here is my cc. I would use a mask on the background to soften it and add some drop shadow to your element. As for the font, you can add a stroke and add a shadow.

RE: font. When you download the fonts open it in your windows font folder. When you add the text, it needs to be highlighted and all edits need to be done with the text box open. When you have your text highlighted, click on your colour palette to access your colour swatch, textures and gradients.
But really good first one. Hope thiss helps. Naz

July 5th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Um, thank you, but I'm not sure I understood most of what you wrote, lol. What is my "element"? Does that just mean the photo that I used? What are masks/drop shadow/strokes/etc.? Looks like I am going to have to go back and start at the beginning with these tutorials!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
July 6th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Zarziza's Avatar I have ooodles of IT!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zarziza
lol, Sorry hun! I just drop evrything in there lol!

Right your elements are the background and flowers and anything else you use to embellish the siggy. For masks here is a tut: *NEW
and as for shadows, once you have all your elements in place, then go to effect, 3d, drop shadow. Hope thiks is better.

naz

July 11th, 2009, 12:59 AM
OMG thats too cute mama
July 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
very good!!!

one thing i would add is to the picture of charles...his head is a little cut off at the top....i dunno if that is because it was in the original picture...if it was i'd either not do it as a cut out...put it in a frame or use a mask on it....or try to round it out
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search