Photo/Template Merging...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paint Shop Pro Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2010, 09:32 AM
rubyredslipperz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you get the photo to 'merge' into the template. I see some siggies where the photo overlaps the 'frame' or whatever on the template and then the other side the template overlaps the photo. I hope this isn't confusing. I just have no clue how to do that..

January 4th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
You mean where the photo sticks out of the frame a little bit? You duplicate the photo layer so that you have two copies of the same thing. Move one underneath the frame and keep the other on top of the frame. The one that is underneath the frame you clip to be frame-sized like normal. Then, the one that is on top you do a cutout and leave just the cutout part (whether it be an arm or a head or whatever) sticking out of the frame. Hope that makes sense!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
January 4th, 2010, 11:03 AM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
lol this is confusing.. maybe try going into the maker's galleries and show us examples of what you want to figure out and that will help us know what you mean, then you can be like "see how the pink frame is over the chair" (just a RANDOM example lol)

January 5th, 2010, 04:06 PM
rubyredslipperz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brui77 View Post
You mean where the photo sticks out of the frame a little bit? You duplicate the photo layer so that you have two copies of the same thing. Move one underneath the frame and keep the other on top of the frame. The one that is underneath the frame you clip to be frame-sized like normal. Then, the one that is on top you do a cutout and leave just the cutout part (whether it be an arm or a head or whatever) sticking out of the frame. Hope that makes sense!
Yep! that's what I mean.. thanks for figuring that out and letting me know! lol. sorry to sound so confusing!

January 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Zarziza's Avatar I have ooodles of IT!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zarziza
I would usually have the photo underneath my frame. then cut around the bits you want to overlap the frame. I use my lasso tool so it has marching ants around it. Then i promote that selection to a new layer and move that new layer over the frame.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search