PSP Lesson 5 step 3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paint Shop Pro Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2006, 09:37 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Open up the file you've been working on. The last step is adding text. For the girls using PS this will be easy, but the PSP gals will find this a bit more challenging. I fully expect some of you to need to repeat this step. This will probably be the hardest part for some of you.

Ok, on to the lesson. Look at your material palette and make sure your materials palette looks like this, with the white being the background color.

Then we will add some text. Add my name Teresa (no h please, lol). You can choose whichever font you'd like. Ok, so your siggy should now look like this.

Right click on your layer (in the layer palette) and duplicate your layer.

Then click on your text in the center to open up the vector property box. Set the stroke on ONE of your layers to 5.

Move the text with a size 5 stroke behind the first other Teresa layer (if it isn't already) by dragging it down in your layer palette or going to the top navigation menu and selecting Layer > Arrange > Move down.

Next we are going to add a drop shadow to our layer with the size 5 stroke. To do this, make sure you have selected the "Teresa" layer with a size 5 stroke, not the one without it. Go to the top and select Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. You will be prompted to rasterize your layer. Click ok. Then a window will come up for you to adjust your drop shadow settings. Adjust your drop shadow settings to look like mine (set it to 3 and 3). We only want a really small drop shadow on this.

Ok, your siggy should look like this now.

Ok, on to the colorizing. Select the Teresa layer without the stroke. Look in the layer palette for the letter A next to the layer and click on it. You might have to click on the plus sign to expand it.

Then select Convert Text to Curves > As Character Shapes

Then click on the plus sign to expand.

Then you can click on each letter individually in the layer palette and then adjust the color in the material palette.

The last step will be adding a slight bevel to the text to make it shiny.

Click on the plus sign again to collapse Teresa back down. Then select the Teresa layer that you just colorized. Go up to the top and select Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel.

You will be prompted to rasterize the layer. Click ok. Then you need to adjust your settings to look like mine and click ok again.

Repeat the above steps with the Mom to Megan but this time skip the colorizing and you are done!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
July 13th, 2006, 09:16 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do I get to the vector properties menu all I can get to is the layer propeties.
November 17th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I am using PSP XI and when I try to change one teresa layer to stroke width 5, both the orig. and copy change. How do I fix that?

November 17th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I think I got it now. How does this look?

November 17th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
I think I got it now. How does this look?
[/b]
Looks wonderful! Great job!
January 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
MandieKay
January 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Good job Mandie!
April 17th, 2007, 05:54 AM
dmiley's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to dmiley
I am a total newbie to this whole siggy thing. I am on Lesson 5 step 3 where we are suppose to be opening up the vector properties box and I have no clue what I am suppose to do to get that box to open. I am using PSP.

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Married to the love of my life since February 6th, 1999.
Kayleigh 5-23-03
Makenna 2-23-03
Emma 12-5-06
April 17th, 2007, 05:23 PM
detk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am a total newbie to this whole siggy thing. I am on Lesson 5 step 3 where we are suppose to be opening up the vector properties box and I have no clue what I am suppose to do to get that box to open. I am using PSP.

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Thanks![/b]
With your text icon still selected (it should be if you just did your text), right click on your text and choose properties...

Here is a link to how I do my text in psp, which is a bit different from the lessons but might be of help:

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...=551710&hl=
April 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
okay no 1 ..i worked on this for like two hours...everytime i got to the adding text and colorizing it..my psp would close....i tried it like 20 times so i just skipped that part and did the rest....so i'm hoping that is okay....
this was a cute siggy....

hugs
EDee

April 21st, 2007, 10:07 AM
Quote:
okay no 1 ..i worked on this for like two hours...everytime i got to the adding text and colorizing it..my psp would close....i tried it like 20 times so i just skipped that part and did the rest....so i'm hoping that is okay....
this was a cute siggy....

hugs
EDee

[/b]
Looking great! Good job!
May 27th, 2007, 06:54 PM
jasa299's Avatar Super Mommy
Here is my step 3. I know her sepia tone is off, but I couldn't figure that out . I could easily find the grey scale to turn it b&w though.

May 27th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Here is my step 3. I know her sepia tone is off, but I couldn't figure that out . I could easily find the grey scale to turn it b&w though.

[/b]
Nice job!
June 7th, 2007, 07:42 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Here is my siggy

September 13th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Regular
Here is my part 3!!

Amanda
September 13th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Excellent job Amanda!