I am so frustrated!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paint Shop Pro Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried for an hour to figure out how to get the bent photo script to load into my PSP7. DUH! Its for PSP X and won't work with mine. LOL

Then I went searching online for a tutorial/script/something and there's nada. Is there a way to curve/bend a photo in PSP 7? I love how it looks and I want to do this.

</div>
August 18th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Have you tried Lesson 4 in Siggy School? Jacquie has a tutorial for PSP. I beleive that it's done with PSP X, but since it's not a script, you could probably figure out the differences.
August 18th, 2006, 08:01 PM
No I didn't try it. I assumed I needed the script to do it. I'll go try now and let y'all know how I make out. Thanks!

</div>
August 18th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Good luck!!
August 18th, 2006, 08:07 PM
That was quick LOL Firefox won't let me in for some reason. When I click the link, this is what shows up in my address bar...

http://www.creativedigitalcreations.com/ho....aspx/home.aspx

And I get an error message that says "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

dangit. Guess I'm not supposed to do this. LOL

</div>
August 18th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I think Jacquie had some issues with her site and Firefox. Maybe she'll know of a way for you to access it.

Her site seems to be down right now.
August 18th, 2006, 09:03 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Jacquie's site is down. Give me a few minutes and I'll try to write up how I did it. I am going to write it out simpler than how the script did it. With the script I had to do quite a few work arounds to get it to work right since you can't increase your canvas size by percentage and things like that. Going to post my siggy of the week and then I'll type up how I do it. It's not exactly how Jacquie does it, but it'll work.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
August 18th, 2006, 09:18 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Step 1

Ok open up your image. Then add borders to your image if you want them anyway. Then make a new file (with just a plain white background nothing else) that is twice the size of your original image. This will be your canvas to work with. Just look at your image size and double the numbers. This is important or it won't bend right.

Step 2

Go to your original file and make a new layer. Fill that layer with black. Copy your original image to your new canvas. Then copy the black layer to the new canvas. Put the black layer behind the photo layer.

Step 3

Ok, now to the bending. Take your photo and go to the Wave setting. It's under Effects > Distortion Effects > Wave in PSP X but it might be somewhere else in the other versions. Ok set your settings in wave to the following.

Horizontal Displacement: Amplitude 0 Wavelength 43
Vertical Displacement: Amplitude 1 (or 2 Jacquie uses 2, I prefer 1. It depends on how much you want it to bend) Wavelength 70

Step 4

Adding the blur and bending the black shadow. Ok, I am not sure if PSP 7 has guassian blur and not sure what to tell you to do if they don't have it other than just add a drop shadow to the photo and get rid of the black shadow layer. But if it does have a guassian blur this is what you do for the last step.

Select your black shadow layer. Go to Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur. Set your blur to about 6. Then go to the wave settings and add the wave to this to bend it.

Step 5

Then flip the shadow layer by going to image flip. Then you just have to use your eraser tool too erase the part of the shadow that is up top.

I did it a little differently with the script, but erasing is easier. I just had to do it different with the script so it would work right for everyone.

That's it.

Teresa

August 18th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Thank you so much!! I'm gonna have to play with the settings a bit. It doesn't quite look like the ones you have in your siggy, mine is more wavy. I'm gonna be up all nite now! Thank goodness DH has the day off tomorrow.. he can watch the kids while I take a nap. LMAO

</div>
August 30th, 2006, 07:17 PM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
I have psp 7 and I have been having a lotta trouble with that too I have tried everything and its just wavy.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

August 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Ok, here's an idea. Try once you bend it using the skew tool like you do to make the flat photos and dragging the corners out so it is less waved. See if that helps.

Teresa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search