Glass text in PSP tut with screenshots

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paint Shop Pro Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2007, 04:55 PM
detk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I promised the screen shots so here they are:

First download eye candy. There is a free limited version (doesn't have all of the filters, but it does have glass) of that plug in here:

http://www.geocities.com/why2kspace/

I downloaded it and it works great.

1) Write your text as a vector choosing the color you want it to be. I find it looks nicer if I start with a large font size.

2) Convert your layer to a raster layer (Layers sub menu)

3) Using the magic wand click on one of the letters, it should select them all. You should see the marching ant around your letters:

4) Go to effects, plugsin, eye candy 3.1 or 4, glass:

5. You will get a preview screen, just play around with the settings since it all depends on the font and color you are using. Here is an exemple of settings in eye candy 4:

Just click ok to apply the glass effect to the text when you are satisfied with the settings and the look of the preview.

6) If you want a stroke around the text, do it now (same way as in the tut for regular text). Deselect your glass text. Just type your text again using the text tool. Right click on it, choose properties:

7)Change color of stroke and fill to white and increase stroke width to a larger number (5-8 depending on how big your font is). Also, depending on your font I like to select round corners (4), it makes it cleaner looking:

8. Add a drop shadow to your white stroke. Move that layer to the back of the glass text, and position it so it looks nice. Then merge the glass layer with the white stroke layer.

9. Now, we are going to change the layer proporty to make your glass text transparent: Click on Normal in the layer proporties window:

10. Select multiply or hard light, whatever looks better with your text & background:

There you go!

February 28th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Awesome Ann! You rock!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search