Text in psp

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paint Shop Pro Lessons and Tutorials LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2007, 06:42 PM
detk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have offered to share how I do my text in psp to help someone, so here it is. In general, it is quite similar to the lessons in siggy school.

1. Choose your font, color and size. Type your text making sure you have clicked the box that says 'Remember text'. Say Ok. If you want more than one color in your text you can do it here by selecting the letters seperatedly and choosing the color.

2. Apply an inner bevel to that layer (Effects, 3D effects, Inner Bevel) or the Inner bevel button. They will ask you if it is ok to convert this vector layer to a raster layer. Click ok.

3. Select your text tool and click anywhere. The text entry box will come up with the same text, size color as before so click apply. Right click on your text and select properties.

4. Change the stroke and fill to white, increase the stroke width to a larger number (usually 5 to 9 depending on the size of your text and on the font choice.) You want it bigger than your text, but not overpowering either. Also click on Join, and select the middle round one.

It is important to change the join to round, because some font when you increase the stroke width will have spikes... like here:

I put it blue so you would see it, but often time with white we don't see it, but we will see it when we apply the drop shadow. Click ok once you are done with all the settings.

5. Apply a drop shadow to the white stroke layer we just did. It will convert it to a raster layer.

6. Move the white stroke layer below, the color font layer. Align until it looks nice. Sometimes it's better to zoom in to make sure it looks good.

7. Finally, select the color font layer, making sure it is just above the white stroke layer and click on layers, merge, merge down.

There you go! Hth,

Ann
March 31st, 2007, 09:15 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks ann!! i really appreciate that i was doing something totally diff lol i will play tomorrow!

March 31st, 2007, 10:26 PM
kimbytx
Or if you are like me and do the text and may go back at the end and change the size or font. You can go ahead and do your text. When you want to add the white stroke, go to your layers pallete, right click on your text layer and select duplicate. Then use the text tool, click on the now duplicated text on the sig, add the white stroke to that layer just like Ann said, add the drop shadow and then adjust>layers>move layer down. You can add a glass effect or bevel to the inner text if you want and then merge down.
January 19th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Zarziza's Avatar I have ooodles of IT!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zarziza
Thank you so much or this!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search