We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Ok, here we go. I think glitter text looks more complicated than it is because there is lots of steps but after doing it a few times it's pretty easy. Like many things in siggy making there is different ways to do it. Here is mine.
For this tutorial we will use a glitter fill. There is also another way to do glitter by adding noise to your text which I will cover in another tut. There is different sites where you can find glitter fills online, you can always google it. Save one you like on your computer.
1. Open PSP. Go to files, Jasc products, launch animation shop. Once in animation shop, open your glitter fill file. It should have a few frames, usually about 3.
2. Click on Edit, Select all. That will select all of your frames.
3. Click on Files, Export Frames, To Paint Shop Pro
4. Your glitter file in PSP will have 3 layers, one for each of the frames.
5. Hide frame 2 and 3, so that the frame we see is Frame 1.
6. Open a new file. Select your font and it's size, usually a larger font is nice so we can see the glitter.
7. Click on the pattern icon for the stroke.
8. Choose the glitter we are using, it should be at the top. Do the same thing for the Fill. You may have to change the scale so that your pattern is not too blowed up.
9. Apply your text, it should look like this. Convert your text layer to a raster layer.
10. Click on your glitter file. Hide pattern 1 and 3 so we can see the second pattern. Go back to stroke and fill and select this new pattern
11. Go back to your text file. Select your text with the magic wand. Create a new layer keeping your selection active. Hide your second layer that has our first glitter text.
12. Using the flood fill tool, fill each letter of your name with this new glitter.
13. Repeat step 10-11-12, choosing your third glitter from the glitter file, creating a new layer and filling it with the flood tool.
14. You should now have 4 layers, 3 of them with a name in different glitter in it. Hide layer 1 which is a transparent layer, and make sure all other 3 layers are visible. Save your file making sure you are saving it PSP 7 Compatible so that we can use it in Animation shop (File, Save as, Options, PSP 7 Compatible).
15. Go back to Animation shop. Go to file, Open and open your psp glitter name file. Click on the animation button that is at the top right:
16. Voilà! Save the animation as a gif file.
You can also add a white stroke, & drop shadow to it, I will cover that in the next tutorial. You could do the same thing we did with any other shape or part of a picture.
Ok, I can't export the files to PSP? The option is there but it isn't bold, so I can't choose it. And I also can't open animationshop through PSP?
I'm using PSPXI.....any ideas?[/b]
mmm.. I really don't know why you can't export the file to psp...
Maybe try this, in Animation shop, go to files, preferences, layered files. Makes sure you have a check mark beside export frames as layers in psp. Also make sure that 'keep layers as separate frame is selected'.
If that doesn't work, you can always copy paste each glitter in PSP as a different image. As long as you have the 3 glitters open somehow in psp, you will be able to use them as a pattern.
As for animation shop not opening from psp... I don't know pspxi... Maybe Kim can answer that.