Stephen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inspirations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In June of 2006, I woke up and just had a feeling I could be pregnant. I asked my husband to get me a preggo test and Stephen came into our life. The same day, I started to throw up badly and whinning to my hubby that his children did not like me. I got sick like that for 3 months.

Then, it was our first doc appointment. She could not find the baby's heartbeat. The next day, we had an appointment for an ultrasound to make sure he was still alive. I cried so much.
We got for the ultrasound and he was alive. I was sooo happy. The week after, I got another scare and went to the hospital where we waited 11 hours to be told our son was still alive. The next day, I called my OBGYN and she wanted to see me. I was going to have another u/s the week after.

So, on week 12...we learned we were going to have a son. I was in heaven. I wanted a son. My hubby wanted a daughter but today, he would deny it. Our child was healthy and big. Life was good.

Week 20: another u/s. Everything is fine. The baby is strong, healthy. No reason to worry.

Week 26: I went for a test at the hospital and when the nurses saw how swollen I was, they freaked out and told me it was time for me to deliver. I started crying asking them to give a chance to my son...and then, I apologized for just starting to cry. They said it was good forme to let it out. We checked it heartbeat. They have put the machine on my belly and my little bean was not happy about it. He kicked it for a good 3 minutes. The nurse thought it was funny how much of a rebel he was.
My high blood pressure was bad. Even after 3 weeks of medication, I was way too high.

Week 27, I have a check up for high blood pressure. I was 190/110 and was told, I had to stay at the hospital. The next day, they transferred me at the hospital where I was going to deliver.

I arrived in that hospital and was greeted. They checked on Stephen and his heart had dropped twice and I was starting to have contractions. They had to take him out NOW. I smiled at my hubby and said: let's go.
Little Stephen came into this world and was rushed to the NICU. He was 1 1/2 lbs and about the size of my hubby's hand. He stayed 3 months. The hardest 3 months of my life. Specially when he was in the incubator.

We had many fights with the hospital.
He stayed on oxygen up to May 16th, about 2 months and 1/2 CA. I remember seeing the oxygen leaving our house and just crying that it was finally over.

Today, our son is a big 21lbs boy. Very sociable and smiley. Nothing is scaring him and he is my total sunshine. Life has been hard on us for the first year of his life but it will get better...
March 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for sharing your story!

March 3rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You are more than welcome...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search