Does DH go to all appointments?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2008, 03:30 AM
ANGWife
Does/did DH go with you to all your pregnant OB appointments?

So far Ed has been to the sonogram and the last one where we heard the heartbeat. I would love him to go to every appt. but it seems like most times I go it's just to get my weight, measure me, or draw blood. I just wish he didn't have to miss out. He doesn't seem upset for missing them, but I'd rather he be there. My doctor is like 20 mins from his work and it's just not convenient for him. So we decided maybe every other time he will go. What about you?
November 3rd, 2008, 03:31 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
My dh comes to everyone
November 3rd, 2008, 03:46 AM
KatiInCT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first appointment isn't until the end of November but it looks like DH will not be able to make it to that one. Since he is a teacher it is pretty much impossible for him to come unless I schedule appointments on school vacation/holiday days which will be near to impossible. Hopefully he will be able to make it to a few. I will be carrying a school calender with me to the dr's for when I am scheduling appointments.

We shall see.

Osric O'Dell M...... December 10, 2009: 7lbs 14.2 oz, 21 inches
(NEW SIGGY SOON!
)
November 3rd, 2008, 04:07 AM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nic was at Navy training for the first 4.5 months of this pregnancy so he really missed out on a lot. He missed the first time we heard the heartbeat, both of the ultrasounds, finding out its a boy, all that stuff. But since we've been together he's come to everything

November 3rd, 2008, 04:42 AM
*Fiona*
DH came to both hospital appointments (which included the 12 and 20 week scans). He doesn't come to the midwife apps as they are literally test peepee, ask how I am and feel bump. He can't get the time off work, nor would I expect him to as the app's are boring!
November 3rd, 2008, 05:31 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Jeremy doesn't come to mine, they're pretty boring anyways and there's really no point. Well, my midwife appointments are less boring but still he doesn't really NEED to be there.

He was there at both my ultrasounds and also all the hypnobabies classes, which was really the most important thing for me.
November 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Damon came to the first 4 appointments and 1 towards the end. I didn't see any reason for him to leave work early to come to the boring weight, measure appointments. He didn't seem to mind missing out on the boring ones.
November 3rd, 2008, 06:05 AM
BambolinaItaliana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh came to every single appt both times I was preggo. He also comes to the appt even when there is no baby. i just don't feel comfortable without him there, i know i am such a little girl, but thats me! we always worked our appts around everything else!

[/url]<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</a>
x7
November 3rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far mine has. But the first two we had ultrasounds and then the third one just now we heard the heartbeat on the doppler. My dr was surprised he came to this last one and said he was a good husband, lol. But now that I we've heard the heartbeat and I'm in the 2nd trimester, I don't know if he will go to every one. It takes him 15 minutes to get there from work. I guess the most exciting thing of each visit now will just be listening to the heartbeat again.

He will definitely be there for the 20 week ultrasound though.

November 3rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
James comes to every appointment. He did with Curtis as well. It's just important to us for him to be involved in any way possible. Listening to the heart beat, asking questions.. and most importantly making that connection with our doctor! I love our appointments

We're lucky though cause he only works 5 or so mins away and our doctors is on the way. He also always comes home for lunch so he just does it during his lunch break (just takes a long one). He has a VERY understanding boss and likes the updates after each appointment hehe. We are also lucky that MIL works near by and can schedule her lunch break to be with Curtis while we go. We have a very good system set up haha.

November 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Andy comes to every appointment. We set up appts around his work schedule

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 3rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Bre+Will=Reid
Will went to all but 2 or 3 of mine It got hard for him to get off work when I was going every week towards the end.
November 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH has come to everyone with me. He likes to drive me there, its a 35-40 minute drive, and he likes my midwife. DH works from home, so now its convienent for him... and when I schedule the next appt I check with him to make sure he can be there and isnt out of town or anything. Its important for him to be apart of as much as possible, and yea its boring to wait for the pee test, the blood pressure check, to ask any ?s we have for our midwife, but we get to hear the heartbeat and that is soooo wonderful!!!!

1 week and 2 days til my gender scan
November 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH goes to the major all the ones with the OBGYN because that's when we get the ultrasounds and really check on things. He doesn't go to the ones at the birthing centre because those are just the routine check-ups and it doesn't make sense for him to drive all the way from work for them. Besides with those ones it's mainly talking and then a check on the heartbeat.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 3rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brant has gone to everything so far except one of my bleeding episodes when I stayed home from work & had to make an apointment that day. He also went to my last one but didn't actually stay because we had Abby with us and she was getting restless so they went to the pet store, LOL. Usually we go when Abby is w/ my ILs, though, and once we went when she was in school (we had to take the day off work because of when they scheduled it). I think he'll have to miss my next one because he is going on a field trip that day & then has an engagement that night.

November 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Lee came to all of my OB appts when I was pregnant with Lily. The hospital I went to was literally right across the street from his work so it was very convenient for him to be able to do that. He also attended all of our childbirth/breastfeeding classes. This pregnancy Lee has been gone for four of the five months I've been pregnant and has only been able to attend two appts. Once he gets back, I know he'll want to come to all of them again, though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search