Endo's back

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2008, 10:05 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
this is cross posted from the TTCMA board.

Quote:
Those of you who have endo, how are you treating it? I had a lap done in September 2007 and all of my symptoms returned over the last few months. I had my OBGYN consult today and my doc gave me two choices: Lupron once a month for 3 months(possibly extending to 6) or do another lap to clean it out...

My husband is currently deployed and will be back sometime in the spring and we want to TTC again. I'm torn as to what to do and need to start treatment ASAP(within the month). I'm just hoping someone will have an opinion that might help me(and anyone is welcome to weigh in). So please....lap or lupron?[/b]
and the update after I talked to my doctor:
Quote:
I called my doc today and asked a few more questions:

If I do Lupron until February, he will not let me start Clomid until I have had two cycles off of the Lupron.....which given my PCOS, means I would not be able to start until August(without clomid I HAVE to induce my periods). We're moving in October...which means I would get one cycle, have to halt until probably January 2009 anyway to actually TTC.

If I do the lap, he would start me back on metformin and everything else in advance of my husband coming home so that my first cycle after he returns we can do Clomid, and would even okay injectables next summer if need be.

With lupron, it gets worse before it gets better.

With the lap, I have to recover from surgery alone, but would be able to TTC immediately upon his return. I've done the surgery before(and the recovery basically alone, he came home 4.5 days after my surgery) with excellent results, it's just...surgery....

I'm still torn, and have to give them an answer by the end of the week. Any input is still gladly appreciated. These are my only two options(unless I do nothing..).[/b]
So I need your opinion...if this was you, what would you do? doing the lupron until DH comes home and then doing the lap is NOT an option, my doc won't operate that close to the last injection. He may let me do lupron after the lap, it would depend on how bad it was when he gets in there......I'm torn! please help!

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

November 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Jen I'm so sorry your endo is back.. I dont have endo, but I personally would go with surgery. For a few reasons, 1, you said that with lupron things get worse before they get better, and 2 because you would have the opportunity to TTC sooner.

How will getting worse by being on lupron compare to you personally with recovering from the surgery? I know that you dont want to do either alone, but which one could you better handle alone?

Good luck!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
November 5th, 2008, 12:42 PM
After the surgery, I'm in a bit of pain for 2 days or so and then tender for about a week. There was minimal tenderness after that for another week or so, but I felt basically normal.

Lupron would mean a month of hell, essentially. He said it would be probably about the same kind of pain I experience on my period for the first 2-3 weeks constantly, then taper down to no pain for as long as we continue the shots.

I've done the surgery essentially alone before(DH came home 4 days after my cyst ruptured which caused appendicitis and they discovered the endo while operating), but the recovery was harder from that one because it was more extensive. To be honest, I'm leaning towards the surgery because I've seen success with it before. My only concern is that because they are not 100% sure that it is the endo back(the only way to know for sure is to open me up or do the lupron and wait to see if I respond) that I would be having surgery and not solve the problems.

My Blog

November 5th, 2008, 01:20 PM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know its a hard decision, but no matter which way you decide to go we are here for you!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
November 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
*Fiona*
JenJen I can't comment as I'm lacking in knowledge, but I always have (((((((((((huggles)))))))))))))) for you
November 5th, 2008, 02:28 PM
JustBreathe
Hey girl! Sorry your endo is back, but glad you have options. If it were me, I would have the surgery-- providing you have friends you can call and rely on. I hope you do!!! HUGE
November 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, tough choice. I am 99% I have endo. My Dr told me as long as my symtoms are tolerable, not to do surgey. He said BCP will help to treat some of the pain symptoms and since uterine lining doesnt get as thick on BCP, it helps prevent the endo from getting worse. Are BCPs an option for you? The thing about surgery is they can create scar tissue by removing the endo, which in some ways is worse. I dont know if that point of view helps any. I think surgery sounds like the easier option, but you cant predict the long term damage with it.

November 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, this so sucks!! I don't know enough to suggest an option but I hope whichever option you choose works out.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
From what you wrote, I would definitely go through the surgery, but I am all about instant gratification. I know there is nothing instant about anybody's ttc journey, but it ttc earlier would be very important to me. It also sounds like the surgery might actually be less painful from the way you describe the Lupron. I know surgery is nothing to take lightly, but it sounds the best option in my opinion.

I'm sorry it is back Jen!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
November 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I don't really know much about endo, but from what you have written, it sounds like you are already leaning towards surgry. I suggest you do whatever you are comfortable with. If it was me I would probably go with surgery so I could hopefully get back on the horse. But I'm not exactly educated on the procedures.

And I'm sorry the Endo is back.

November 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tough one. Don't have any advise for you, but just wanted to offer my support. BIG HUGS GIRL.
November 5th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Ugh, tough choice. I am 99% I have endo. My Dr told me as long as my symtoms are tolerable, not to do surgey. He said BCP will help to treat some of the pain symptoms and since uterine lining doesnt get as thick on BCP, it helps prevent the endo from getting worse. Are BCPs an option for you? The thing about surgery is they can create scar tissue by removing the endo, which in some ways is worse. I dont know if that point of view helps any. I think surgery sounds like the easier option, but you cant predict the long term damage with it.[/b]
I cannot do BCP's. After a month, every single one I have tried has resulted in me being covered in hives(something about the artifical hormones or something...). I'm hesitant because of the scar tissue possibility, but at the same time we are already 95% sure that we will need IVF to conceive, so it becomes somewhat of a moot point.

Gah! I don't know!

My Blog

November 5th, 2008, 11:38 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it was me I would have the surgery....then if its not endo hopefully they can see what it IS while in there.
November 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would lean towards surgery.

November 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no experience or knowledge, but just based on what you wrote, if it were me, I'd probably get the surgery done. Sorry endo is back, hon. (((HUGS)))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search