Blech, got sent to L&D today

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
So this morning I had a regular OB appt, and when they took my blood pressure it was I think 143/85. So she waited a few minutes and took it again, and it was 141/85. I also had a bad headache, so the doctor had me lay down in one of the rooms to get monitored, and even when I was laying down my BP was STILL freaking high. It was really weird because usually when I lay down it goes way down, but this time it stayed in the same range for the whole 30-45 minutes I was there. It did finally go down a little bit at the very end. They did an NST and the baby wasn't reacting to it, so they sent me over to the local hospital where they actually do the L&D stuff. (They don't deliver babies at the military hospital here)

So, when I get to the other hospital my BP was fine! They even did a urine dip test thing for protein and it came back negative. They did a bio physical profile on baby boy and he looks really good. On the u/s it said he weighs 3 lbs 9 oz!

I still don't feel good though, and I have to go back to the military OB tomorrow. He put me on modified bed rest, and I also got blood work done and I have to do a 24 hour urine test again, so I won't know the results of everything until early next week. I just really hope I don't get full blown pre-e again because it really sucked last time, plus I won't be having a home birth if that happens!
November 6th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yuck, I hope everything is okay! Is this the same pattern you had last time?

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
November 7th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bleh, I'm glad the baby is fine and I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 7th, 2008, 02:40 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought somewhere you said you were going to try that special diet for preventing PIH....are you doing that? (just curious because I haven't heard of anyone actually sticking to it...so I was hoping you are LOL).
Glad all is well.
November 7th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Well I went in again this morning and they monitored me and it was fine. I'm still kind of concerned because last time I would always have a high reading when they took it at the doctor's office, and then when I was in the hospital laying on my left side it would be fine, but I still ended up with pre-e! When I was in the hospital at 36 weeks with Aden the nurses kept telling me that I would probably go home soon on bedrest because my BP was okay, and then after like 2 or 3 days when I did the 24 hour urine the doctor said it was so bad that they needed to induce me right away.

So....hopefully the BP stays down. I'm still not really optimistic about it because I just have a feeling that it's going to happen again.
November 8th, 2008, 02:07 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lay on your left as much as possible! Start eating a low protein diet.What does your midwife say?
November 8th, 2008, 04:30 AM
She said as long as my BP stays around 140/80 I can still have a home birth, and if it went higher than 150/90 while I was in labor then we would have to go to L&D. I told her I'm fine with that as long as I don't get the other symptoms like protein in the urine and bad swelling and stuff, in that case I would still go to the hospital. 140/80 is pretty darn high for me! My BP is always low....so hopefully it stays that way. I think now it's just kind of a wait and see thing whether it happens again or gets worse.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search