Why are other people's children so darn annoying?!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2008, 03:06 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Ok, so I just went to the Food Lion about 5 minutes away from my house, and while I was there this mom with two young boys was also shopping. I would guess that they were about 4-5 and 6-7 or so. Well, these freaking kids were getting on my nerves SO BAD! They were running up and down the aisles at breakneck speed, literally it was like they were racing each other as fast as they could go, and I seriously wanted to trip one of them. I couldn't believe that their mom was just letting them run around the store like that, but then again some people are idiots.

Also the other day I was in wal mart and these two little girls (about the same ages) were running around the darn store, screaming at the TOP of their lungs and just being ridiculous. And I didn't see their mom ANYWHERE around! For one thing they shouldn't be acting like that, but their parents shouldn't be just letting them run loose around the store while they shop. I guess they weren't concerned that they would get kidnapped because the kids were so freaking annoying that nobody would want them. Anyways I actually yelled at them and told them to stop running and screaming in the store They were pretty shocked too.

And I really really wanted to trip that little boy at the grocery store.... Watch out for the cranky fat preggo lady kids!
November 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL That's too funny! I also get annoyed if people let their kids go wild...in a society like today, there's not much that surprises me anymore!

November 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL, you sound like me. I am like that at the parks and the store. I feel like some parents just don't care, and let their kids run around like lunatics. DD wouldn't DARE act like some kids I see. The rest of her day, even her week, would be miserable if she acted up or ran around at the store. I think some parents feel that it's okay, let them be kids.....yeah, there's a time and a place, the grocery store is not the time OR the place. I hate the special educator in my classroom this year, and she told us a story about someone yelling at her kids at the store and how upset she was. I was like, woman, I'd be the one yelling at your kids if they were running around and climbing on things in the store too!!

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!
November 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Quote:
LOL, you sound like me. I am like that at the parks and the store. I feel like some parents just don't care, and let their kids run around like lunatics. DD wouldn't DARE act like some kids I see. The rest of her day, even her week, would be miserable if she acted up or ran around at the store. I think some parents feel that it's okay, let them be kids.....yeah, there's a time and a place, the grocery store is not the time OR the place. I hate the special educator in my classroom this year, and she told us a story about someone yelling at her kids at the store and how upset she was. I was like, woman, I'd be the one yelling at your kids if they were running around and climbing on things in the store too!![/b]
LOL! Yeah maybe if she controlled her kids in the first place no one would yell at them?

It really just floors me how bad people let their kids act in public and don't even do anything about it! When I was a kid we would have been taken out to the car for a spanking, but we wouldn't dare act up like that. Of course I don't spank Aden, but still. I totally understand when a toddler is having a fit in the grocery store or whatever, it's that age. But when a 10 year old is running around wild? Come on you should know better!
November 8th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally get where you're coming from because that kind of behaviour annoys me as well but some parents just don't seem to be bothered or they haven't trained their kids well and when in public they have to let them act however they want to avoid the tantrums.

Toddlers will throw tantrums because at that age they're pretty much discovering certain feelings and emotions but you can curb your child's behaviour from then and help them learn whats acceptable and what's not. Some parents just let the kids go on and on and then they lose control. Older kids and I say those beyond 4-5 years old know how to behave but if they haven't been taught any better then they will just do as they please.

My nieces and nephews don't act like that and they didn't have to be spanked to learn what was right or wrong. They learned that bad behaviour resulted in them getting their privileges removed. My mom would always say that she had 5 young kids and she could take us anywhere and we knew how to behave.

It's all about how you bring up your kids.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 9th, 2008, 04:57 AM
ANGWife
I hear you!! I have "affectionately" started calling the boys in my class my monkeys. Seems like I need a tape recorder of myself saying "will you just get off of him?!"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search