I have a stoopid Q

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2008, 07:48 AM
*Fiona*
Yeah, I have a stoopid Q, so no laughing!!

Can the baby get stuck anywhere?? Only asking cos this morning when I woke up on my side, the movements were odd, I could tell baby's head was on the right side of my bump and feet/butt on the left, meaning it was lying across instead of up/down. And I had to get up cos I felt like it was telling me I was squishing it by laying on my side (laying on my back is too uncomfy).

all day since, the movements have been above my right hip. I can't feel any distinguishing parts that would indicate how it's lying now. But I haven;t had any big kicks today, just this funny moevemt above my hip. Is he/she stuck?!
November 9th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not an expert, but I think that the baby can get stuck. 1: they can get stuck horizontal instead of vertical and 2: they can get at least one leg caught in the pubic bone.

If you're uncomfortable, I think that some exercises can help encourage baby to move like squats, side bends, or bending over from the waist. Won't hurt to try!
November 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
*Fiona*
i think he/she may have moved some now. Still have reduced movement today though.
November 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I assume sometimes they can get caught in a position until they figure out how to wiggle out of it. If you can feel him/her, then you can try pressing him/her gently until he/she moves. But if he/she doesn't want to move, then don't force it. Just make sure that you're feeling the movements consistently even if they're not as strong.

Yesterday, mine was definitely lying across and she kept thumping very far into my side. I even joked that I think she was trying to move into my back but today she seems back to her regular position.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 9th, 2008, 10:40 AM
*Fiona*
I feel better knowing your gorgeous girl was laying across too. I wasn't sure if they would be too big to lay that way now! I guess not!!
November 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
BambolinaItaliana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't know but i hope you feel better soon! i am sure s/he is just at a funny angle and when they want to move they will!! stubborn little things!!

[/url]<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</a>
x7
November 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Later in pregnancy baby probably won't be able to do a ton of flips in there and movement will be more limited, but I would say that right now it would be pretty hard for baby to get truly stuck. At 28 weeks there is still plenty of room to move around in there and I would say that as long as you're feeling movement, don't sweat it. Baby has restful and active periods and days just like us!

Quote:
I feel better knowing your gorgeous girl was laying across too. I wasn't sure if they would be too big to lay that way now! I guess not!![/b]
Lily was traverse breech (laying across) until I was 38 weeks pregnant. Then she was in a weird jack-knife position right up until I went into labor at which point she went head down and out!

November 9th, 2008, 09:35 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They really don't get stuck in one place--they do move around till right at the end. If you are uncomfortable doing some exercises will help baby move. Get on your hands and knees and bend your back really good then arch your back really good---that should help! And like always do your squats, or sit on a footstep thats lower--to open those hips up (this helps with labor and baby position!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search