Trip to the ER

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Garfieldbear's Avatar Super Mommy
Over this weekend, I went to the ER for intense upper adominal pains. They started out mild and dull, and then reached the point where I couldn't even stand-up because it felt like a hand was squeezing my insides. I couldn't sleep at night, and had my husband take me to the ER at 5 AM. They ran a bunch of tests, and even gave me a sonogram of my upper abdomen...they found nothing! Nothing with my gall bladder, which is what they were suspecting. They sent me home saying I could try antacids, but I don't believe that I have heartburn because I don't feel a "burning" sensation anywhere and my throat and chest seem to be fine. The pain seems to be a little below my ribcage, on both sides. Since Saturday, the pains have decreased but I have no appetite and I can barely stomach any food....the thought of food makes me feel ill, and I'm worried that I'm not providing enough nutrition for the baby. I lost a few pounds over the last few days. I called my OBGYN today, and I'm still waiting to hear back. Does anyone know what the heck is going on???? Any guesses? I think my stomach is probably the culprit, but why do I have sporadic intense pains, and why do I have no appetite? Even eating a little food makes me feel bloated. I feel like there is a hole in my stomach sometimes. Any advice or insight would be so much appreciated! Hopefully the baby isn't effected too much by all this, I'm trying to eat food and keep my stress levels down. They did check for the heartbeat at the ER, and it was going strong. Hopefully little one is okay

November 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
*Fiona*
((((((huggles)))))) i hope this settles down and you and bubba are fine!!
November 10th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what's up but I hope it settles soon. I think baby will be fine though because your body will provide him/her with the nutrients he/she needs first and then you so hopefully that will add a little comfort. I do hope you hear back from your OBGYN soon so that they can try to see what's up.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 10th, 2008, 02:25 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My step dad had a stomach ulcer and the pain sounds a lot like what you described. I mean, I wasnt the one with the ulcer so I cant say that it sounds like it from my own experience. But from what he described to me it sounds like it could be a possibility. I hope its not though, I hope its nothing but from what you describe im sure you'd rather know what it was then keep hoping its nothing! I hope you get it figured out!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

November 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
You are kind of early on in your pregnancy for this to be happening, but there is something called HELLP syndrome. The major symptoms are upper abdominal pains, nausea and vomiting, and it's somehow related to preeclampsia. My doctor told me if I have any major pain that won't go away near my bra line/rib area then I should go in to L&D.

I honestly think I had it last time I had pre-e and I just thought it was really bad heartburn. Not trying to freak you out or anything but sometimes it isn't diagnosed like it should be. You might want to talk to your OB just in case.

And I hope you feel better!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000890.htm
November 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
You are kind of early on in your pregnancy for this to be happening, but there is something called HELLP syndrome. The major symptoms are upper abdominal pains, nausea and vomiting, and it's somehow related to preeclampsia. My doctor told me if I have any major pain that won't go away near my bra line/rib area then I should go in to L&D.

I honestly think I had it last time I had pre-e and I just thought it was really bad heartburn. Not trying to freak you out or anything but sometimes it isn't diagnosed like it should be. You might want to talk to your OB just in case.

And I hope you feel better!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000890.htm
November 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks for all of your input....I did wonder whether I had an ulcer or pre-eclampsia, and that's why I went to the ER. I went to my OBGYN today, and he made me feel much better....he thinks that it's really excessive gas stuck in my colon. He said that it was common in pregnancy because my uterus is beginning to push up against my colon. This might not sound pretty, but he thinks that the gas is caught in my colon and has been going back and forth in my colon, causing my sporadic, spasmic pain. He actually "tapped" my colon area and I could hear a very hollow sound...he said that the hollow sound is caused by gas. He recommended Colace to help. My husband is out buying it now, maybe this will help me get my appetite back because all the gas is not leaving room for any food! Thanks for listening

November 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Good!! I hope that is all that it is!!! GL with the Colace!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

November 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I hope it works and you start feeling better!
November 11th, 2008, 04:09 PM
BambolinaItaliana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hope you are feeling better soon!

[/url]<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</a>
x7
November 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
oh no, I hope your feeling better soon!!!! I have no Idea what It might be but when I was preggo I would always have random pains in my tummy, some times VERY painful but then they'd go away! Did you get a peek at baby? Did they tell you the sex? heehee...
November 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you feel better soon. I bet that was really scary but I'm glad to hear your doctor thinks it is something easily fixable.

November 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM
n/a
Oh geez, glad you are ok! I hope the colace helps b/c trapped gas is pretty painful. Are you feeling better today?
November 11th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes!!!! I am feeling better today, but the Colace....is making me go to the bathroom A LOT!!!! But maybe it's what I need.....I'm glad that I only took one pill, though.

November 11th, 2008, 11:24 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad it wasn't anything too serious. It's amazing how much gas can hurt esp. during pregnancy...I have had like little random attacks throughout both my pregnancies and it can be quite frustrating & painful.

November 12th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but I'm glad you are feeling better already!!
November 12th, 2008, 10:05 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to suggest gas. I always get SEVERE gas when pregnant. I have trouble even laying down because the pain in my chest would get unbearable. It was always in my chest and upper abdomen as if it was stuck and couldn't get thru my intestine cuz the baby was in the way, lol. GasX worked wonders as did rocking back and forth and trying to belch. Sometimes it felt like I would imagine a heart attack feels like, the pain was THAT bad!

November 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry I have been slacking a couple days with the Thai holidays but Gas was what I thought of also, Gas-x is the bomb!
November 13th, 2008, 09:46 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are feeling better hun

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search