Photography girls!!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2008, 08:31 AM
*Fiona*
I posted this in WTTC but no one has gotten round to replying yet... Girlies please can you have a little input for me?

-------------

Obviously I'm no photgraphy expert and so my camera needs differ from those of you who are... I got 60 of birthday money which I decided to put towards a good camera for us especially with babba on the way. My digicam is ok but rubbish with close up pics.

So would anyone (or all of you ) mind checking out this camera and tell me what you think? Being 9MP I thought it was a great price? Mine is 3MP.

Second option is this one, but it is 7MP for same price - a colleague at work has this one and she loves it.

Would love your thoughts
November 12th, 2008, 10:03 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you looking specifically for a Kodak? I have to admit I am NOT a fan of their cameras, and they usually get poor reviews. Check out some Panasonic Lumix and some Canon Powershoots.
November 12th, 2008, 10:13 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Angela, the last camera i got was a kodak and i hated it. The pictures it took were horrible and grainy looking no matter what setting it was on. Needless to say I sold it on ebay a week later. Now I have a sony and love it, and before that i had a polaroid which was really cheap but an awesome camera for the price!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

November 12th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am most certainly not a camera expert, but I have a Kodak 10 MP camera and I really like it. It takes great pics (for what I use it for) and is easy to use. With that being said, my last camera was a Kodak that started taking really grainy, not-focused pictures about 6 months after I bought it and I had barely used it at that point. Very luckily- thanks to DH- I bought mine at PC world and shelled out at extra 15 for their in-store 3 year guarantee. That was the best 15 I have ever spent- they took it back with no problems at all. They didn't have the same camera in so they gave me a better, more expensive one that is also a Kodak at no charge. I hope this one holds out longer. BTW, this same thing with blurry pictures happened with an expensive Nikon I bought a few years ago.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
November 12th, 2008, 10:47 AM
chellerenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is a pretty good photographer, so I asked him what he thought. He actually has a forum he goes to where they do reviews on cameras and other new technology. He said the Kodaks are good, but he would really recommend a Canon with IS(image stabilization). He has the Rebel XTi and also a Canon S720 IS, and he made me take a pic with both so I could see the difference between one with IS and without, since I'm definitely no photographer, and it definitely makes a difference. He did say that to get one with IS you'll have to pay a little more than what you have, but not much. He also said that just because a camera has more MP, doesn't necessarily mean it's better. He said the camera that was reviewed as the best budget camera is the Canon PowerShot A590 IS. Here is a link to it...Canon PowerShot A590 IS And here is the link to a review on it...review on Canon PowerShot A590 IS

Michelle

November 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
IS is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 12th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
I agree, I am not a fan of Kodaks... Canons and Samsungs have both been good to me. maybe check out these ones:

this is close to what i have, and I really love mine - Samsung

this is the one my mom uses and it too is pretty decent - Canon Powershot

November 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM
*Fiona*
Quote:
My DH is a pretty good photographer, so I asked him what he thought. He actually has a forum he goes to where they do reviews on cameras and other new technology. He said the Kodaks are good, but he would really recommend a Canon with IS(image stabilization). He has the Rebel XTi and also a Canon S720 IS, and he made me take a pic with both so I could see the difference between one with IS and without, since I'm definitely no photographer, and it definitely makes a difference. He did say that to get one with IS you'll have to pay a little more than what you have, but not much. He also said that just because a camera has more MP, doesn't necessarily mean it's better. He said the camera that was reviewed as the best budget camera is the Canon PowerShot A590 IS. Here is a link to it...Canon PowerShot A590 IS And here is the link to a review on it...review on Canon PowerShot A590 IS

Michelle[/b]
I love the IS facility as I have shaky hands1 however, I can't really afford to go above the 60 mark.

I'm going to keep looking and keep an eye out for Xmas sales. Keep the suggestions coming though - much appreciated!
November 12th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know much about Kodak cameras but I'm suggesting that maybe your friend with the Kodak can show you the pics that she takes with hers and then if you will have some idea of what the Kodak pics will look like.

Some other options in the $60 price range from Argos (these all have pretty good reviews according to the site):
Canon Powershot A560 7MP

Nikon Coolpix L16 7MP

Hitachi HDC-886E 8MP

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
I had a Kodak Easy Share for a while and liked it. The links that you posted say that their website is closed, so I can't see what cameras you are looking at I'll check back later. I too have heard good things about the Canon, it might be worth it to wait a month or two and save up a little bit more money. I about s*** myself after I spent $700 on my camera and found out the NEXT DAY that we were pregnant, but I'm sooo glad that I got a nice camera, it's worth it! So yeah, make sure that you get the one that you really want!
November 12th, 2008, 08:35 PM

According to the website you linked to there is a canon powershot in your price range!
November 13th, 2008, 12:38 PM
*Fiona*
Call me utter NUTS!!! But I just scored the samsung P800 for 50 on ebay... RRP is 89.99 - sale price in PC World is approx 70. blink.gif

I'm nuts am't I? I really wanted the Nikon Coolpix S210 but it was 100 , I couldn't resist a bargain and it's got fab spec!

An item of mine sold today for 22 and had instant payment so the cam cost me 28!

Quote:
Samsung P800 Digital Camera

* 8.2 Megapixels
* 3 x Optical zoom lens
* DIS (Digital Image Stabilzation)
* Face detection
* Auto red eye fix
* ACB (Auto Contrast Balance)
* 2.5" LCD screen
* Movie mode[/b]
November 13th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome buy! I've never had a Samsung camera, but my last laptop was a Samsung and I loved it do death. Unfortunately, this was the one stolen from my flat last year. Can't wait to see some new pics from it!
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
November 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Excellent!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search