UTI

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I know one of our preggers at some point had a UTI while preggers, what antibiotic did they give you? I had one about a week and a half ago and tried some home treatments, didn't work so I started some antibiotics. Well.....I ended up stopping them after 3 days (I KNOW I KNOW, I'm a bad girl).
Any way it came back tonight-bad! But now I'm in the 2ww and I don't want to mess up something that could be happening, but I do need to treat it because I am peeing blood and blood clots at this point. (no fever or back pain or anything that makes me think its a kidney infection). So since here you can just go to the pharmacy and ask for the drug you want--- ----I just need to know what you took (since I know most of the doses for things).
November 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have an answer other then to drink a lot of cranberry juice, it's always helped my mom and I Just wanted to say I hope that UTI goes away soon!

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 12th, 2008, 03:07 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know either... but I had a really bad kidney infection and drinking water and cranberry juice was good. WHy don't you check with your midwife in Chicago??? I hope you get answers soon and get better soon so you can stress over the normal things in the 2 ww
November 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cranberry juice!!!

If you lived in the Caribbean or close to coconut trees then I'd tell you Coconut Water as well!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 12th, 2008, 04:17 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Darn it....what the heck did they give me? I know I took Penicillin and Mitronidazol for the abcess tooth I had. I can't even remember but I know there are a couple that are safe for pregnancy (I had a UTI in the 1st trimester)
November 12th, 2008, 05:17 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Angela, I have a history of two hospital admissions for pyelonephritis. So when I went to Europe, I was worried about having a UTI there that could get out of control. They told me no Cipro or LEvaquin, but gave me an Rx for Macrodantin. I got it filled but thankfully didn't need it. I hope you can get some macrodantin soon!

Come visit my blog!
November 12th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
*just lurking*

i am preggo and i just got over a UTI and i was peeing blood too. i drank a lot of cranberry juice and my ob gave me a script for amoxicillan 250mg.

hope that helps! GL!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

November 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
I've heard that macrodatin (sp?) is fine. That's what I always took for my UTIs, but I wasn't pregnant. You need to get on something before it does turn into a kidney infection. Besides, you must be miserable

Edited** Oops, you know what, I actually took MACROBID. I knew it was macro-something....
November 12th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Garfieldbear's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm really sorry that you are going through this What does your doctor suggest? I also definately advise on drinking loads of cranberry juice, hope that you feel better soon

November 12th, 2008, 09:22 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in no pain at all because I travel with Pyridium (it the over the counter pill that makes your urine turn orange and numbs your bladder!!!!--it the best!) I haven't got access to cranberry juice here But I have been taking 8-12 cranberry pills for the last couple days (one of the other roadwives had them!) And I have been drinking---TONS of water. I did all that when I was just having some burning and frequency.....now the blood started----so time for antibiotic.
THANKS for all the replies....off to find some Macrodantin now!
November 13th, 2008, 01:08 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
hope it improves soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search