ovacue

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2008, 07:29 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I was kinda pissed when my ovacue told me i reached peak fertility, and i had no ovulation after that. I think I finally figured it out. The ovacue takes sodium levels on your tongue and charts them in its internal computer. Unfortunately, it doesn't account for serial peaks, it only picks up the first one. I went to the website and found the instruction manual for the older model cue II. The old model just gives you numbers, and you chart them yourself. So I'm overriding the stupid computer and charting my numbers myself. I got this.

see the second peak? I think that's my peak. This means I should O before CD 20. I feel better now. lol

November 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a question...how does the sodium levels tell you when you O? (I expect a nurse answer! I want details)
November 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm...I think OPKs sound easier

November 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Interesting! I thought about getting the Ovacue but ended up getting the OvWatch, which I think detected ovulation by testing the chloride levels on your skin. Angela, I'll go look up the info on that one if you are interested but I'm feeling lazy. It's something to do with your electrolyte levels changing a few days before you ovulate. My OvWatch was pretty accurate, it either got when I Oed exactly or was one day off. I stopped using it though because I got better at predicting O without it and because my problem getting pregnant wasn't related to bad BD timing.

November 13th, 2008, 07:43 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
yeah I pretty much wouldn't recomend this thing. It's kind of obnoxious. The only nice thing is it is supposed to predict ovulation a week in advance. So you know when to start bding. I like it, because then i don't waste a ton of opks, i wait until i get my peak. But of course that is if this thing actually works... so who knows. And I have no idea what sodium levels have to do with ovulation.... who knows.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search