hospital jammies

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2008, 11:12 AM
*Fiona*
I went into town tonight after work as I need a couple of pairs of jammies cos mine are getting tight around bump. The sets of jammies were so cheap I thought I'd just get my "hospital jammies" whilst there. I got 4 pairs in total (2 x shorts/vest top, 1 x long trousers, top & matching hoodie as pictured, and a nightie for labouring/delivery), the lot came to 20 BARGAIN!!

I took them all in size 16-18... usually I'm a 12, so that like 2 to 3 sizes bigger tha my usual. \look at my hospital ones....

Front view (my hands weren't steady!!)

Side view:

How the heck are these going to fit me in 10 weeks time?! They are perfect now!!! And that's being so many sizes bigger than usual. Also, I had a very bad thought in the car on the way home... what happens after delivery?? LOTS of bleeding... what colour are the trousers?? CREAMY!! What was I thinking So I guess these wont be hospital jammies afterall :rlleyes:

p.s. don't you think I've exploded since my 28 wk pic?? It's no wonder I've felt quite uncomfy today!!!!
November 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have a nice round bump now! I can see a big change from the last photos. You will most likely end up wearing the hospital gowns while there. You will be a mess with the bleeding and it's much easier to just wear a pull on hospital gown. I never wore any of my PJ's that I brought with. However, when I got home I started wearing them. Towards the end of your pregnancy nothing will fit most likely. That was a problem I had.
November 13th, 2008, 11:56 AM
*Fiona*
I'm not too sure what gowns they have hear, if any. I have the nightie for labouring and delivery so at least I will be a bit more comfy
November 13th, 2008, 11:58 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the hoodie and tank and pants It looks so cute on you! Your bump looks sooo round and adorable!!!
November 13th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love them! You look so great!

Yeah, I think I'd just stick with a hospital gown or nightie while in the hospital but those will be great for wearing when you get back home Great bargain huntress *grrrowl*
November 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
*Fiona*
November 13th, 2008, 01:18 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You've really popped Fi!! You look adorable I had bought 2 gowns and a bath robe for the hospital when I was pregnant with Taylor but never used them LoL. I stayed in my hospital gown the whole time because of how much bleeding there was and it was easier access for the nurses to check my episiotomy stitches, check for hemroids, and to manipulate my uterus back down. They would come in multiple times a day to push on my uterus and while doing so, look down my underwear to see how much blood was coming out everytime they'd push, ick! I wear the gowns now

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Oh that will be perfect for at home Doesn't look like they will last much longer hehe. We have SO much growing yet to do hehe.

I actually just bought a black LONG BIG robe for while at the hospital. I wore the hospital clothing but I put my robe on me when walking around or when I had visitors. It was black so no worries and nice and long.

Oh and slippers. Those were heavenly when going from the bed to the bathroom late at night.

November 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
You've really popped Fi!! You look adorable I had bought 2 gowns and a bath robe for the hospital when I was pregnant with Taylor but never used them LoL. I stayed in my hospital gown the whole time because of how much bleeding there was and it was easier access for the nurses to check my episiotomy stitches, check for hemroids, and to manipulate my uterus back down. They would come in multiple times a day to push on my uterus and while doing so, look down my underwear to see how much blood was coming out everytime they'd push, ick! I wear the gowns now [/b]
Ugh! The pushing is awful. I hated that. Another good thing about the hospital gowns is that it's easy to nurse in them.
November 13th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You seem so much more rounded in the jammies! I love them!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 13th, 2008, 03:58 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah bring pj's to the hospital---I don't think its a great idea. The gowns aren't THAT bad. If anything a Robe in a dark color for walking and company in the room. But their cute anyway!!!! Loving the bump, but kind of sad the peanut shape is going, I really liked that! (good thing you LET me paint it last week!)
November 13th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
SO Cute!!!
November 13th, 2008, 07:14 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Those jammies will be awesome post partum! I never had a problem bleeding on my clothes because I used those HUGE pads they give you at the hospital. If I still get my home birth this time I'm going to invest in a package of Depends

I wore the gown in the hospital as well until the day after I had Aden. Then I changed into my cheap wal mart jammies and t shirt.
November 13th, 2008, 07:14 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Those jammies will be awesome post partum! I never had a problem bleeding on my clothes because I used those HUGE pads they give you at the hospital. If I still get my home birth this time I'm going to invest in a package of Depends

I wore the gown in the hospital as well until the day after I had Aden. Then I changed into my cheap wal mart jammies and t shirt.
November 13th, 2008, 07:25 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Quote:

I wore the gown in the hospital as well until the day after I had Aden. Then I changed into my cheap wal mart jammies and t shirt.[/b]
That's exactly what I did for postpartum bleeding last time and I HIGHLY recommend it. People always look at me like I'm crazy, but seriously, they are super comfortable, fit well, and do the job!

November 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Hmm that's a fantastic idea haha.

I was so shocked at what my body had to go through even AFTER birth. I was not prepared in the slightest.

November 13th, 2008, 09:50 PM
At our hospital we just put moms in depends for the first 12 hours. Some like those more then the pads with net underwear so they kept using them (insiders hint---if you keep taking them while at the hospital they will keep bringing them in--so you will have a nice stock for home!)
November 13th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Quote:
I went into town tonight after work as I need a couple of pairs of jammies cos mine are getting tight around bump. The sets of jammies were so cheap I thought I'd just get my "hospital jammies" whilst there. I got 4 pairs in total (2 x shorts/vest top, 1 x long trousers, top & matching hoodie as pictured, and a nightie for labouring/delivery), the lot came to 20 BARGAIN!!

I took them all in size 16-18... usually I'm a 12, so that like 2 to 3 sizes bigger tha my usual. \look at my hospital ones....

How the heck are these going to fit me in 10 weeks time?! They are perfect now!!! And that's being so many sizes bigger than usual. Also, I had a very bad thought in the car on the way home... what happens after delivery?? LOTS of bleeding... what colour are the trousers?? CREAMY!! What was I thinking So I guess these wont be hospital jammies afterall :rlleyes:
p.s. don't you think I've exploded since my 28 wk pic?? It's no wonder I've felt quite uncomfy today!!!![/b]
You are so cute! You crack me up!! Yeah, I wouldn't have wanted to wear my own pajamas... I actually didn't want to put my own clothes on to leave the hospital! I wanted to stay in that loose hospital gown

You look adorable!

November 14th, 2008, 12:22 AM
*Fiona*
Quote:
I was so shocked at what my body had to go through even AFTER birth. I was not prepared in the slightest.[/b]
OK, now I'm scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you bleed heavily after.... but what else??? These are things no one tells you.... so tell me!!! (and the other first timers)
November 14th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Biggest things that I'm not sure if people talk alot about....

the bleeding and clots you will pass for a few weeks.

the hemorrhoids your may get from hard pushing, if you don't already have them (tucks pads are a MUST!)

the big time constipation you get postbirth-and how most women it hurts to poop for weeks, but by being scared to go makes things worse.

the meconium poops baby have at first are thick/stick and HARD to wash off--it doesn't mean that they have been sitting in poop for hours and now its just old. (I had my butt chewed by a patient who thought the nurses refused to change her baby's diaper while in the nursery because she had to scrub to get the stuff off so she thought the baby had pooped and sat in it for hours and it turned into this black stuff )

You breast don't usually make milk for three days--and its ok that baby only gets a tsp of colostrum per feeding--you DON'T need to supplement-baby will NOT starve. (colostrum is like a vitamin pack-so if you think of it like this. NASA gives their astronauts super food that is about 1/4 the amount a normal person would eat in quantity-but its enough because its super food so it has all the nutrition they need. Colostrum is babies super food) Many older generations think you need to supplement because baby is hungry-we have proven many time now that is not true. Babies do their sucking motion while in the womb while getting food from mom, they continue to do the sucking motion out of womb....for the first few days this isn't a sign they are hungry. After your milk comes in and babies understand what hungry feels like --THEN its a sign they are hungry. Their stomachs don't know that feeling of hunger until your milk comes in and nutrition is absorbed via intestinal tract instead of umbilical cord. Also they will push solid food/things out with their tongues (this is a safety reflex-the tongue reflexes to push out the food until baby's swallow ability is good for solid foods). You will know your baby is properly ready for solids when they stop doing this, if you try to give them solids and they push it out with their tongue-its not that they don't like it, its that they aren't physically ready for it. (sorry getting off of the postpartum phase there LOL).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search