Boy or Girl? Coffee or Sugar?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Garfieldbear's Avatar Super Mommy
Tomorrow is my big ultrasound day, and I am so excited that I am not sure whether I can sleep tonight (although I am beginning to feel tired right now). I am counting down the hours until my appointment, just a few more hours to go! Okay, I am getting really excited again....but I first wanted to ask everybody....should I do something tomorrow morning to help make the baby move for the ultrasound? Should I eat candy, drink juice, drink something really cold, get a small coffee? Does anyone know what would help? I only heard about this a little while ago, and was surprised to hear that you could do things to make the baby move. And also, does anyone have any feelings towards whether I am having a boy or a girl? For fun? I'm also a little nervous about the health of the baby, I hope that everything will be alright. Also, I know that there is a chance that the baby could be shy and have legs crossed, and I keep on telling myself this as well so that I won't be too disappointed if it happens. Send me good vibes, I'll update you all tomorrow!!!!

November 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to hear your news

My u/s appt last week... I ate candy and drank orange juice, along with the water they want you to, and our baby wouldn't show and we wanted to know. So we are still in the dark about whether we have a boy or girl. My baby was moving his/her arms and mouth and moving their legs just wouldn't turn their body in the way to check out the goods. I even was doing jumping jacks to get him/her to move... nothing. Not sure why, just shy or not ready to reveal.
November 16th, 2008, 08:53 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
tons of healthy baby vibes (I have no guess on the sex-just not getting a vibe--and heck I'm wrong most the time anyway )
Drinking something with a bit of sugar in it RIGHT before you go should help little one move around more...but don't eat it to early because like adults they will have a sugar crash----be all wide awake then when the sugar boost goes away, be VERY tired!
I can't wait to hear an update.
November 17th, 2008, 05:29 AM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I did before I went in was drink and ton of water, I guess it worked or I have a very outgoing little boy...took no persuasion at all to get him to open his legs

Good luck!!! I can't wait to hear the update

November 17th, 2008, 05:30 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today's the big day! Good luck! I say boy for you (which means you're probably having a girl, I'm always wrong )

November 17th, 2008, 05:49 AM
aBookasmommy
Im thinking girl..who knows!! Cant wait to hear the results known the less.
November 17th, 2008, 06:47 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!!! Can't wait to know what you're having! I drank 18 oz of water and 3 or 4 gulps of Andy's Mountain Dew

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 17th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Good luck- I will try to check before I head out in the morning to see what you got in there!!!!
November 17th, 2008, 09:12 AM
n/a
I think it's a boy! I can't wait to find out!
November 17th, 2008, 09:26 AM
chellerenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck today. I will go with boy. I think I'm losing my "gift" of knowing because I didn't really get a feeling one way or another. Last night I was gonna say girl, but decided to wait until this morning to see if I got a different vibe. Plus, I would think IUI's would produce more boys since it's done on O day right?

Michelle

November 17th, 2008, 11:06 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking boy! Good luck today!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
November 17th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was told to drink orange juice the morning of mine but I forgot. My little one was very active though so I was kind of glad I hadn't remembered to drink the juice. She'd have been bouncing off my uterine walls.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 17th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Darn I was hoping for an update before I left I hope I have internet in Cambodia so I can check in! Hope all went well!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search