Nurse question

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My MIL and FIL just got back home last night from a 7 day Mexican Cruise. My MIL is sick. She has severe dizziness, a slight rash on her lower calves (not itchy), and very swollen ankles. And she has no appetite... just ate a little cereal today. I thought it was heat stroke maybe, but I read on google that it comes with a fever and other symptoms she doesn't have. She called her dr to go in but they can't get her in and she doesn't want to go to the ER -yet-.... so I said let me do some research, and I know you girls may have an idea of what I could read online about. I looked on WebMD too, didn't find anything though.

Thanks sooo much!!!
November 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
chellerenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a nurse, but I just googled the symptoms, and I found this...swollen feet on cruise In response #15 by someone named Cori, she says her husband gets swollen feet, and a rash every time they go on a cruise, and it's because of the salt. I don't know about the dizziness though. You might read it just in case.

Michelle

November 17th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks Michelle

ff to read link:
November 17th, 2008, 03:20 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does she have any heart conditions? And are both ankles swollen equally, any tenderness in her legs?

November 17th, 2008, 03:47 PM
no heart condition and I believe they were both really swollen. On the ship they were like balloons... last night and today they just look maybe 2 times as big. Didn't say they were tender but I'll ask.
November 17th, 2008, 04:24 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would tell her to make an appointment with her doctor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search