Christmas Time is Coming

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2008, 06:23 AM
JustBreathe
"Baby it's COLD outside..."

This is what I woke up to this morning:

which got me excited for Christmas decorating and all of that! I think decorating OUR home and OUR first tree as newlyweds is going to be a pretty romantic time! We can have our Christmas Eve tradition of reading The Polar Express on OUR couch! We'll kick off the season by seeing the Rockettes on Saturday and our Tree will go up Thanksgiving night 1)BC it's my B-day and I choose what we do lol, and 2) Mike will be working insanely after that. Growing up, my Tree always went up the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

When will you, or have you? {Hey TV commercials and stores would have you believe Christmas is tomorrow!} be putting up your tree this year? What other key pieces make up your decor? If you're a new mom, do you plan to start any new traditions??

Let's talk Christmas!!!
November 18th, 2008, 06:57 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooooh snow! We haven't really had snow yet here this year.

I think we'll start decorating at the beginning of December. I'm not sure if we'll have a tree or not. If we do, it will be a smaller artificial one.

LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a dusting of snow last night but no where near as much as you! All of my inside decorations are up and my trees will go up Thanksgiving Day. We'll be putting our outside lights up this weekend but not turning them on till the day after Thanksgiving

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoops! Taylor hit enter again LoL

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 18th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I sooo love to see the snow.

We have our Independence Celebrations on Nov. 30 so though some stores have put up Christmas trees and brought out their Christmas stock, we won't get into the full swing of things until after Independence Day.

I generally put up my tree a week or two before Christmas. I don't usually put up more than a tree but this year I want to put some garland on the staircase. DH has been wanting to put up lights for a year or 2 but hasn't. He's talking about it again this year but we'll see if he does.

We've watched Polar Express for the past 2-3 years so I guess I can call that a tradition.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 18th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We will be putting our tree up next week. I can't wait! Also, Black Friday is a week from Friday and I can't wait! I am so excited to get a chunk of my shopping complete! We always buy new PJs for Christmas Eve and take pictures of all of the kids wearing their PJ's...and this year, since Emma is starting to understand who Santa is, we will read "The Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve! She's really excited because Santa is bringing her a purple bike (note to self, buy purple bike...) lol

November 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
BambolinaItaliana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we got snow yesterday too, although not as much!!! i totally cranked up the christamas tunes, and was driving dh insane!! i adore christmas though, and would already have everything done, except we are moving next week! now i just want to bake!!!

[/url]<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</a>
x7
November 18th, 2008, 08:20 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sooo excited! I'm in MA and we should be getting our first flurries this week!!! This is our first year in our own place so we will be going all out. We will prob get our tree (fake one because of the kitten) the first week in Dec. We were actually talking about traditions and such this weekend, and although we dont have any kiddos yet, we would like to start some traditions of our own now, and hopefully will have a LO to share them with next year. I love love love this time of year!!

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
November 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will go and get a real tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I will work on getting the decorations up around the house the day after Thanksgiving if Oliver will let me. I'm excited for this Christmas!
November 18th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Most likely I will put up the tree sometime in the beginning of December. I'll put out my candles and other little decorations before that, but after Nov 25. That's James' birthday and he doesn't like any thing Christmas before that.

I am so excited for Christmas. This year Curtis will really get into it I'm sure!!!

November 18th, 2008, 11:45 AM
JustBreathe
BTW-We have a fake tree because of my asthma and allergies-- specifically to pine.
November 18th, 2008, 11:52 AM
chellerenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually put our Christmas decor and tree up the day after Thanksgiving, but we'll be out of town that day, so we'll have to wait until I have a day off from work after that. But they will go up ASAP after Thanksgiving! Really, the only tradition we have right now is letting our dogs open their stockings and playing with their new toys Christmas morning. lol Yes all 3 of our dogs have their own stockings! I'd like to start some new traditions once we have kids. When we are putting out the decorations, we also like to decorate the dogs...lol

Michelle

November 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
AWw I want snow !!!

We will put our tree up about 3 weeks before christmas!!! Can't wait !!
November 18th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Yuck to snow! lol Last time I saw that stuff was in June but I'm ready for it.. Luckily I don't have to worry about brushing of snow from my car since we have a garage at home and a garage at work..

I'm debating on put up a tree this year.. Adriana is in that stage of getting into everything, I fear that she's going to pull the tree on top of her or try to eat the ornaments. I we do decide to put the tree up, we'll do it the weekend after Thanksgiving.. But we will decorate outside for sure.

November 19th, 2008, 02:22 AM
JustBreathe
LMAO Michelle!!! That pic is too funny!
November 19th, 2008, 03:18 AM
ANGWife
LOVE IT!!! It flurried here yesterday, and it won't be over 45 through Thanksgiving.

We're putting our tree and decoration up Thanksgiving weekend. I'm already listening to Christmas music in my car and started some shopping. Biggest thing on my mind is BLACK FRIDAY!! Guess who's gonna be standing in line at like 2am?!

And we're throwing a huge party the first weekend in December that I'm alittle nervous to get ready. Like half his Guard company and all my coworkers are coming and seeing our little house for the first time.
November 19th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I always put up a table-top sized tree, even though we have a 6 foot artificial tree in the attic (scared to even try putting it up due to 4 cats!--plus our living room is prob too small). Our stockings get hung at my parents house. But we do have outdoor decorations: An ice-block "snow" man, and two white trees that light up. It sure looks festive! I'll put those up after thanksgiving (hopefully on a mild day!)

My sister always says I have no Christmas Spirit because I don't like Christmas music nor "holiday" movies. I don't think that's fair at all! I love Christmas, but not Hollywood's version of christmas (no Jesus in Hollywoodland, obviously) and christmas songs are way too catchy and I find myself humming them all through spring if I listen too much. I even had to leave the Dollar store early just a few days ago because they were blasting the holiday music already. Oh well!
November 21st, 2008, 09:45 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No idea what we are doing, since I don't know where we will be. we THINK we will be done here by Dec 10th...then no idea...could be off to another country or time in the office (chicago). Guess we will see. Since we got married we have done little trips instead of typical Christmas stuff. Our first year was in Paris, last year was at the Taj Mahal.
November 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM
A*LOT*OF*HOPE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! If I had my way all our decorations would already be up!! I always had a real tree growing up, but with the cats I now have a really pretty fake one!! DH and I agreed that when we have kids though we will go back to having a real one!! I am so excited to start shopping next week!!! I need to get a special tree decoration, like I do every year!! I love ornaments!! I want to go to the Christmas store in Leavenworth WA, it is amazing!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search