Sad today...

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
We found a new home for our pomeranian, Jack. They took him last night. They are neighbors, but still. I'm really, really bummed out even though I wanted him out of my house. My heart just hurts...I hope he is doing okay at his new home, I know he misses me. When I would leave town for a few days and Jack was just home with DH, he wouldn't eat and acted really weird. I'm also sad because our other dog Jayla knows something is different. She and Jack were best buddies, this is probably going to be hard on her.

Also, Reid is NOT sleeping well. 3 nights in a row now....he is super stuffed up and has a really hard time eating in the middle of the night. He will take one or two sucks, let go, gasp for air, and then try to eat again. It gets milk everywhere and doesn't relax him like nursing normally does. This has made it very hard to get him back to sleep when we wakes up. He was up 3 times last night, but the harder part is that it took me about 20 mins each time to rock him back to sleep. Then, this morning, when I was nursing him on the couch, he choked really badly. It scared the heck out of me. It's all because his nose is so stuffed up, it makes eating a chore. It makes me sad that nursing isn't a relaxing activity for both of us like it used to be. When I try to suck out his boogies, he gets SOOO upset and starts crying He hasn't smiled for me in like 2 days

Work is also going terribly. I'm making PIDDLES because the real estate industry is in the crapper. I'm scared about how I am going to pay bills. I went to my boss to tell him that I couldn't afford to work for this amount (it's BAD) and he kind of just stared at me. I don't know what I am going to do. I love my job and I don't want to have to look for something else, but it might come to that.

UGH. Today sucks
November 18th, 2008, 12:25 PM
*Fiona*
((((Bre)))) and ((((Reid)))) I'm sorry this is such a sucky day. I hope Reid's nose clear up. Have you tried a warm bath in a steamy bathroom? Like run the shower real hot for a bit, the steam may help clear his nose.
November 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Breanna I'm sorry Poor Reid, I hope he feels better soon! Praying about your job!

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 18th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry everything is so sucky for you right now. I hope that Reid starts feeling better soon, your dog adjusts well, and your job picks up. Hugs!
November 18th, 2008, 01:24 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Breanna! its so sad when you have to give up a pet... but thats great you found someone close that you can check in from time to time and know he's taken care of

I understand with your job... I'm in the mortgage industry, work for a lender, and it just SUCK big time now. Been in the business over 10 years and this is the worst. I've tried to get out and get another job, but hasn't worked out yet. I hope it gets better soon, for you and for I.

I hope Reid feels better soon!
November 18th, 2008, 02:45 PM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are feeling down sweetie I hope Reid feels better soon, poor little guy, and that the job situation improves.

November 18th, 2008, 04:32 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm sorry Breanna. *Huggles*

November 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you had to give up one of you babies.
I hear that there are little saline baby nose drops that help stuffy noses pretty well (no medications in it), it may give him some relief.
{{{{huggles}}}} to reid.
And big {{{{{{{HUGGLES}}}}}}}} to you ---hope things get better at work.
November 19th, 2008, 03:55 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, sounds like everything is piling up on you right now, I'm so sorry.

Have you tried saline in his nose? It works wonders. I usually change my kiddos diapers before feeding, so when they had/have a stuffy nose, I'll lay them on the changing table, put 2-3 drops in each nose, change their diaper (this gives the saline time to work), and then use the aspirator to suction their nose. If you have one of the giant green bulbs from the hospital, those work the BEST. Then when we'd sit down to nurse after the diaper change, their little nose would be nice and clear. Babies always hate having their nose aspirated, they always scream!

November 19th, 2008, 04:20 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Aww hun

I'm sorry for how things are right now

Hope little Reid gets better soon xx
November 19th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you!
November 19th, 2008, 07:18 AM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
I second and third the saline drops - I absolutely LOATHED giving them to Lily because of the crying but they really do work wonders. Also, two other things that always work well for us are a humidifier and elevated sleeping. You can grab a good warm mist humidifier for Reid's room (or wherever he is sleeping) for about $30 at Target. If your crib doesn't have wheels, you can prop the head of it up with blocks or books. If it does have wheels (ours did), you can get an incline sleeper at Target, Wal-Mart, BRU, etc. It will raise his head up so the mucus drains down instead of all into the back of his nose and sinuses. This is the one we have and I loved it.

*BIG HUGS* Things will be ok, mama.

November 19th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Bre+Will=Reid
Thanks guys

Check, check, and check to all of the suggestions for Reid. I use saline drops and the green bulb aspirator to suck his nose, and while some stuff does come out, no matter how much I suck, I never get it all. I got a humidifier for our room, but it's a cool humidifier....doh! Do you think I need to get a warm one? Kate, I have the exact same wedge that you posted and it's not helping AT ALL Reid was up all night sounding like a little motor boat. It was miserable. I finally caved and put him in his swing to sleep around 4:30am. He fell right to sleep and I couldn't hear his nose, but I hate doing that because he has been diagnosed with mild Tort and his poor little head always cocks to the side when he sleeps in the swing
November 19th, 2008, 01:13 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Did I miss something....what happened with jack, im confused i went threw the same stuffy nose thing with Cambria. The saline drops helped alot but didnt completly get rid of it. It kinda just worked it's self out. im sorry you feel bad, eat some ice cream. that always makes it a little better
November 19th, 2008, 01:46 PM
n/a
I had to go and stalk your playroom to see what was up with Jack. Sounds like you found him a good home and a mama's gotta do what a mama's gotta do

I hope Reid feels better soon, the poor baby. Having a stuffy nose sucks as an adult, so it is probably no fun as a baby when you can't even blow your own nose.
November 19th, 2008, 02:27 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Quote:
Thanks guys

Check, check, and check to all of the suggestions for Reid. I use saline drops and the green bulb aspirator to suck his nose, and while some stuff does come out, no matter how much I suck, I never get it all. I got a humidifier for our room, but it's a cool humidifier....doh! Do you think I need to get a warm one? Kate, I have the exact same wedge that you posted and it's not helping AT ALL Reid was up all night sounding like a little motor boat. It was miserable. I finally caved and put him in his swing to sleep around 4:30am. He fell right to sleep and I couldn't hear his nose, but I hate doing that because he has been diagnosed with mild Tort and his poor little head always cocks to the side when he sleeps in the swing [/b]
You know, I keep forgetting he's just a teeny guy! That incline sleeper wasn't any use to us either until Lily was a bit older, three-ish months I think. You know what would work great and offer better support than the swing? Your infant carseat. When Lily had her first cold at four weeks and the incline sleeper didn't work, I put her in the infant carseat - that should help with the head tilt too because the Companion has such a GREAT head support system.

If you can, I would get the warm mist humidifier. Warm mist dissipates through the air easier and faster and will feel more soothing on his little membranes.

November 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I hope Reid feels better soon.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 19th, 2008, 08:25 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) So sorry, Breanna! I hope things get better for you soon.

November 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
*hugs* I hope it all gets better soon.
November 20th, 2008, 09:13 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Why did you have to give up Jack? Sory to bring this up but I think I missed something

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search