How many of your Grandmas & Grandpas are itching for great granbabies?!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2008, 06:40 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've talked about how our parents get grandbaby fever and can't wait for the little ones... but do any of you have grandparents who are itching to have *great* grandbabies?! Do any of your grandparents already have great grand babies? Are they actively involved?

November 19th, 2008, 06:44 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My maternal grandmother is my only living grandparent. If I get pregnant, it'll be great-grandbaby #31 for her! Still, she asks when I'll give her a great grandbaby quite often.

November 19th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Opa wasn't itching for grandbabies. But, now that he has gotten two in the past couple months he is happy about having them here. I was always close to him so it's only natural for him to be the same with Oliver. I talk with him a couple times a week and send pictures. He goes and visits my brother's baby almost every week. I'm about 3 hours away from him and he has only seen Oliver once so far. He doesn't drive down because it's too far and we have not traveled with Oliver yet. My Opa is about to turn 84 and is in good health but who knows how long he will be alive to see Oliver grown up. I'm hoping for a long time!

Shannon, Is your gandmother asking about you having babies?
November 19th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Both of my grandparents already have great grandbabies! I think my grandma on my dad's side would be just thrilled to be able to meet any great grandbabies from me though. She would think it was weird if we aren't married though! But she understands that times are a little different now. She doesn't have any great grandbabies from my dad's line.

ETA: On second thought... she did get married in yellow, not white!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
November 19th, 2008, 07:42 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
none on my side, but on DH's side his grandma is itching for more babies.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

November 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
We don't speak much with my grandma's. We see James' grandparents on his father's side every so often and they are just wonderful people! No pressure to have more babies, they are just enjoy the one they have! Curtis is the first great grand baby for them. They are excited about our next of course

November 19th, 2008, 09:41 AM
chellerenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only have 1 living grandparent and that is my grandma on my mom's side. I haven't seen her in 10 years though, so we've never really talked about great grandbabies. Between her grand kids and her step grand kids, I think she has alot of great grandbabies already. We are very close with Chris' grandma. She is definitely waiting for us to have a great grandbaby for her. She already has our 2 nieces from Chris' sister. They actually live with her and Chris' mom. She's hoping we'll have a boy.

Michelle

November 19th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh, my grandmother has such bad 'great-grandbaby fever'!! My family have never pressured me into having babies, until a few months ago, when my younger cousin fell pregnant (she is about to give birth - first great-grandchild on that side) and that has opened the flood gates! Everyone fully expected me to be the first, and now that my cousin, who is two years younger than me is preggers, they are all like "Well if she's ready to have kids, you must be!!".

It was funny at first, but now it's really pissing me off.

November 19th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only have 1 living grandmom on my dad's side and she's doesn't have much of her short-term memory anymore so there's not much excitement from that view. If you tell her today she's having a great grandchild, she'd be happy but in 2 hours she won't remember anyway. She's a sweetheart though and she can still rack up stories from when my dad was a boy. Sometimes it's a bit sad but I guess that's a part of life.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search