Anyone seeing or reading Twlight Saga?

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please notice the siggy in case you are wondering if I have either read or am going to see it! I will hopefully go to Midnight showing tomorrow night. If we close on our house tomorrow AND see the movie, it will be the highlight of my year to have both on that day (unless I magically get a BFP)

I read the main book but got heavily invovled in school and have not finished the 4th. I picked up Twilight and literally read it in one day-- its just well written and as I put in my siggy, its the classic unrequited love story of two people who are not able to be together. Instead of parental influence being the reason, they are held apart by mortality. I explained to my mom why other mature 20,30 and 40 year old women she knew were so into the books and I told her it has nothing to do with evil and they didnt choose to be vampires.. they accept what they are and try to still honor human life.

Romeo and Juliet.. with a twist. They still die in the end like R&J, or do they?

November 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM
~*Kel*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Kel*~
OMG! I am in love with this saga! I have read all 4 books about 4 times. Everytime I do I fall in love with it even more!

November 19th, 2008, 11:10 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Me!

I'm totally obsessed lol! I'm going to see the movie on Friday with some friends
November 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Yay i'm not alone!!

I had to celebrate the movie with my siggie.. I've NEVER taken my whole siggie down and dedicated it to one topic

November 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I definitely want to see it!

I don't know a whole lot about it but I remember seeing an interview with the author and then there's the recent publicity of it.

It looks quite exciting!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 19th, 2008, 12:47 PM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
I cannot believe I was so behind in starting these books, LOL, but I just bought the second and third today. I read the first one last night and LOVED it! I cannot wait to start on the second one tonight- and to see the movie eventually! But please, no one give away any major plot points about the series- that would stink!

Oh, and just like pretty much every other woman reading these books... I am so in love with Edward.

(NO FACEBOOK, PLEASE!)

November 19th, 2008, 12:54 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I just started book one, not into it though.

My mother, the lovely raving lunatic that she is, is going to see twilight for her birthday on friday. She has every fan magazine, poster, and t-shirt............

My Blog
2006-2014 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2016

November 19th, 2008, 01:03 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Im almost done with the first boob and have bew moon waiting. It's hard for me t read with a demanding baby .......I soooooooooooo want to see this movie but who knows if ill get a chance to do so. DH makes fun of me saying it's for teens. Whatever, i like it. I read and LOVE all the Anne Rice Novels.
November 19th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Clint is buying midnight tickets as we speak for Thurs night

November 19th, 2008, 06:51 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
oh crap. I spoke too soon. It's 3 am and I just finished twilight and want new moon NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Blog
2006-2014 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2016

November 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm obsessed with the series!!!! I am on Eclipse and almost finished!! I LOVE THESE BOOKS! I like them more than Harry Potter and I was really into Harry Potter!! DH and I are going to see the movie Friday afternoon! IT is the highlight of my week!!!!!

November 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
My SIL and nieces recommended the series to me. They let me borrow all four books at one time and I finished them in a week. The first two books in one day each and then the other two took a little longer because I had other things going on.

I want to see the movie, but we rarely go to the movies and I know DH will not want to see this one.
November 19th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just finished the saga. My SO hated it because he said I was spending too much time reading my books! It was good, but I thought the best story was in the first one, so I was getting a little bored with it by the time I read book 4. The second one just ticked me off.

I'm definitely going to see the movie, though. It makes me feel like I need I cane to say this, but I'm definitely not going opening night -- I hate going to the movies when all the teenagers are there! I'll probably go the first or second Saturday showing.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
November 19th, 2008, 09:47 PM
JustBreathe
Read them all in 4 days. Completely and totally obsessed. I have Friday tickets and Saturday too. Lauren, look at my blog and my feelings on Bella's casting!!

ttcbabyschwinger.blogspot.com

I also have a Twilight poster in my bedroom. I don't care if it's "Teenager"-ish. No one has to see my bedroom but Mike and I, and he doesn't mind. He will NOT read them though and I wish he would.
November 19th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Want me to post pics of the midnight tickets? I"m BESIDE MYSELF excited I see it in less than 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!1

November 19th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I hope the on screen chemistry lives up to how Stephenie Meyer described it...

November 19th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
omg i've been counting down for SO LONG lol. I am going to an advanced showing tomorrow at 10pm!!! I bought my ticket last week and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!

ETA: I know someone who has seen it already and says it's AWESOME!!!! I will be updating as soon as I get home tomorrow I'm sure.

Due March 29th
Team Green!
November 19th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
LOL i just realized that my avatar says I <heart> Edward Cullen. hehe I frakin' love Edward! Everyone at my work has been reading Twilight and they are all so excited for the movie. lol I already agreed to go again with my dept. manager when she wants to go lol

Due March 29th
Team Green!
November 20th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I've already decided I WILL like this movie. I'm just glad that we now have a visual for the intangible ideas in our heads, and thats enough for me

Has anyone read Midnight Sun, the part at least that is out there, that is Twiglight but from Edwards perspective. NONE of the books made me love him like reading his own thoughts did. I cannot WAIT for that one to come out. It goes all the way up to the meadow part and stops

November 20th, 2008, 12:15 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE these books!!! My stupid movie theater isn't getting the dang movie, though! We only have a 2 screen theater and the owner tends to only play kid movies for some reason. They didn't even get James Bond last week!!

Luckily I'll be going to visit the fam next week and I'll see it then... But I wanted to see it tomorrow night! *sob* Surprisingly, my DH agreed to go to the movie with me... I think more-so for his own amusement. He loved watching me read these books because he said I'd be grinning ear-to-ear like an idiot the entire time, he just found it funny.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search