Worst week of my life!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Landen had a doctors appointment last Wednesday. As none of you no because I suck and still have no posted my birth story he has Jaundice. Well at the appointment the noticed he was still yellow so they tested his bellyrubin (I'm sure thats not how its spelled) well it is at an 8 and should only be at 3. The doctor was all freaked out and told me to take him to the emergency room. So we get to the hospital and they are all freaked out too . I have NEVER been so terrified in my life. So we stayed the night and the next day they got the test results back. My poor little bitty baby might have a blood disorder his red blood cells don't break down properly. Its not life threatening (THANK GOD) but he will more then likely have to have his spleen removed later in life. He had more testing done today to make sure all test were right. They said if they were wrong about the results then it would just be that the jaundice is being prolonged by my milk. I am really hoping its just that!! If its the blood disorder then their will be some things he can't eat and some meds he can't take but the doctor said he is a very healthy baby and it will not hurt him but he will get jaundice from time to time so he will have to have his bellyrubin checked often. I will know for sure in a few days. I never want to be that scared again. I just started crying when the doctor said he was healthy, I love him so much he just means every thing to me. Here is a pic of him and daddy in the hospital while we were waiting to be discharged.

He looks like he is picking his little boogies lol!

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

November 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Aww you poor thing !!! That sounds terrifying, I'm praying its just being prolonged by your milk xx
November 24th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww! I hope things get sorted out soon. Do they treat with those light booths there like they do here in the US? I'll keep you in my thoughts!
November 24th, 2008, 08:42 AM
n/a
Sorry you had such a scary experience. I too hope it is just the milk. Landen is such a cutie
November 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh how scary! I'm sure that was just awful, Angela! I'm so glad it's nothing life threatening! *fingers crossed its just being prolonged by your milk*

November 24th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Awww! I hope things get sorted out soon. Do they treat with those light booths there like they do here in the US? I'll keep you in my thoughts![/b]
I'm not sure, they told me it would go away on its own but of cores thats what they told me when he was born and he still has it 2 months later!

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

November 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
JustBreathe
Oh Angela! I feel for you, Chris, and Landen! I hope it's just your milk and that Landen gets better soon! I just LOVE looking at pictures of him!!! xoxoxo
November 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary Poor Landen. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers.

November 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no Angela! That must have scared you out of your mind. I'm glad to hear that whatever it is, it is manageable. I hope everything clears up just fine, though. He is just precious, I really love that pic of him in the snow.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
November 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm sorry you're going through this Angela. I'll be praying your little boy gets better!

November 24th, 2008, 12:24 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG Angela- that is terrible (((Hugs for you!!!!)))) I will pray for Landen to get better soon!!!
November 24th, 2008, 12:50 PM
BambolinaItaliana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am so sorry you got the scare of your life!!! I hope he gets better soon!

[/url]<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</a>
x7
November 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary!!! I'm glad he's alright and I'm hoping that the results come back wrong.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 24th, 2008, 04:15 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry. I hope Landen feels better soon.

November 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's scary! Big hugs to you, your hubby, and Landen.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's scary! Big hugs to you, your hubby, and Landen.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
oh no...Im sorry...I hope he gets better soon. I so LOVE his pic in your siggie...oh my....He looks so cozy. I wish I could be that comfy!!
November 24th, 2008, 07:09 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry you had to go through that, chica. I hope it's not the blood disorder. Will keep you guys in my T & P.

November 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
If they aren't putting him under billirubin lights, I would say get him out in as much natural sunlight as possible (making sure he doesn't get a sunburn!) and you should start taking a Vitamin D supplement. When you were pregnant, did they test you for Rh Factor and if so, do you know if you were negative or positive? That could also be a possible cause for the prolonged jaundice.

Keep in mind that you need to interpret billirubin levels as a whole, not just singularly. While 8 is still higher than what you would want to see, the important part is the overall trend - do you know what his last billirubin level was? As long as it is going down, you should feel reassured about that. If it's going up or has plateaued for the past two months, that would definitely be concerning. Hopefully you will get answers soon, mama! *hugs*

November 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
natural sunlight 20min a day will help that out, plus pooping LOL, YOU should take some Vitamin D supplements also so he gets them in the milk, and don't be surprised if they have you throw in a formula bottle once in a while (to get the thicker poops-thicker poops are what kind of pull the stuff out of him). And FYI-winter babies seem to hold on to their Jaundice a little longer due to the lack of natural sunlight. I was a jaundice baby in Jan and had issues with it for a few months (till spring LOL).
Sorry you had such a scare! {{{HUGGLES}}}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search