Santa Clause!!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2008, 11:52 AM
n/a
Have you or will you teach your kiddos to believe in Snata?
November 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will until he's old enough of course. I don't remember not finding out that there wasn't one...but I do remember really enjoying it when I was younger. I was more into the reindeer than Santa himself, I always made my mom put out carrots for them instead of cookies

November 24th, 2008, 12:55 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Absolutely! I LOVED believing in Santa and I miss it! Christmas wasn't quite the same afterwards... so I look forward to hopefully re-living it through the eyes of my children. I would also leave carrots on the plate with cookies for the reindeer... AND sprinkle oatmeal in the front yard for feed. hahaha.

I know some people feel like it's lying to your kids and teaching them not to trust you, but I never felt that way as a child. I think I would have felt left out as a kid if I didn't get to believe.

Hell, when I watch movies like The Santa Clause... I still want to believe.

November 24th, 2008, 01:07 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
we'll have to see. I would love to encourage the Santa fantasy, my DH on the other hand..... he thinks it's stupid.

November 24th, 2008, 01:13 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
yup. I will teach them. and in some ways, I still believe

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body.
We are done actively TTC.
Moving forward with NTNP until we can do IVF in 2017

November 24th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have started telling Emma about him. I love the way she reacts when we talk about him - and bringing her the purple bike! She knows he says "ho ho ho, Merry Christmas" and that he comes out of the fireplace. My 3 year old nephew was telling me all about Santa and the reindeers and all the stuff he wanted him to bring! It was adorable and makes me so excited about next year when Emma REALLy knows what's up. I don't ever remember actually believing in him and I want that for her...

November 24th, 2008, 02:10 PM
*Fiona*
Quote:
we'll have to see. I would love to encourage the Santa fantasy, my DH on the other hand..... he thinks it's stupid.[/b]

DH is boring. But I'll be bringing Santa Clause to life when our baby is old enough!!
November 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll teach my little one about the concept of Santa Clause and the true meaning of Christmas.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
November 24th, 2008, 06:40 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hellz yeah my kids will believe in Santa - my son already knows about Santa. I think its important for kids to feel that magic of Christmas spirit, and that's really what Santa represents. When he's to an age that i think he should know I"ll explain that Santa isn't technically a real person but hope he still believes in the magic like I still do. We also make Jesus a big part of Christmas cause that is really what it is all about for our family - I still remember at every Christmas dinner my Grandma would make a birthday cake for Jesus - that was always the center of our celebration.

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

November 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been back and forth on this. DH and I don't believe in lying to our kids or teaching them fantasies. On the other hand... I think that part of childhood involves magical thinking. I think kids will have fantasies regardless. I remember believing in Santa, and also in the Tooth Fairy and other fairies and unicorns (I had quite the imagination). There is something innocent about it as long as parents don't do the old "Stop whining right now or Santa isn't coming this year" manipulation, which I think is wrong. I also feel it is creepy to say things like "Santa can see you right now." So that won't be happening in our house, at least not as long as mommy can keep it together LOL.

November 24th, 2008, 06:58 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we'll be doing Santa. I remember not caring when I found out he wasn't real because I still got gifts haha. Because I'm Christian we celebrate it for Jesus's birthday and to Andy and I, that's most important for her to know

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 24th, 2008, 07:56 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Of course!!! We still leave cookies down on the counter. But we put them In a baggy so the cat or ant's dont get to them
November 24th, 2008, 08:00 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
*giggling imagineing Santa coming out of our gas fireplace insert... LOL*

November 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully Lauren, Lala, can help me out here....but didn't santa claus actually start off as a Pegan guy named Oden (or something like that) from celebrating Yule? Just wondering some santa claus history here.

I will probably teach my kids the same thing I was taught --that santa claus is a depiction of a real man who was very generous and gave gifts to kids once a year. And that now we get yearly reminders to do so (even though we shouldn't need them) to do good to others.
My family always did volunteer work together for the season, plus in order to get gifts we needed to give gifts. We cleaned out our toys every Christmas/B-day/Easter and donated them to places. Looking back at that I think it was a cleaver way to avoid us kids having to many toys! lol
But I loved it either way!
November 25th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hopefully Lauren, Lala, can help me out here....but didn't santa claus actually start off as a Pegan guy named Oden (or something like that) from celebrating Yule? Just wondering some santa claus history here.

I will probably teach my kids the same thing I was taught --that santa claus is a depiction of a real man who was very generous and gave gifts to kids once a year. And that now we get yearly reminders to do so (even though we shouldn't need them) to do good to others.[/b]
I believe that he is derived from Saint Nicholas, some real german guy. (Just say it with a german accent) Santa means Saint, Claus for Nicholas. I guess he was some old dude who was wealthy and didn't have kids of his own so he'd get little treats for all the wee villagers.

I saw a special on the History of Christmas a few years ago--very informative but I can't remember much now. But when you have an inkling that it involves Pegan rituals and traditions, you are correct. The pegans already had a holiday in the winter, the Catholics didn't--so the Church scheduled Christmas around the same date so that new converts would still be able to par-tay!
November 25th, 2008, 09:36 AM
BambolinaItaliana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh course! i am a huge xmas freak!!!!!!! i am the kind that will make my kids wear matching xmas shirts and start blaring the tunes around sept!!!!!!!!!! and xmas just isn't xmas without a child who believes

[/url]<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</a>
x7
November 25th, 2008, 11:56 AM
n/a
We will have Santa in our house! We will also do the tooth fairy. But no Easter Bunny--he is just creepy lol.

We had Santa when I was a kid. But even though I knew at a certain point that Santa being real was very improbable, I still liked the little sliver of "what if" I had as a child. That small belief that magic is real is really beautiful. I want to give that to my child in any way possible. Really life is magical, it is just harder to see that as we get older and everything becomes so harsh and stark and everyone expects you to be reasonable, practical, and realistic all the time. Ugh, LOL
November 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will do the Santa thing in our house for sure!!! I was 9 when I found out- and I still kept it secret for my 2 younger brothers. Its such good memories.
November 25th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will do Santa Claus in our house too. I have fond memories of Christmas as a child and Santa was the main reason. It all felt very magical.
November 25th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
Yes, we will do Santa. I understand why some parents choose not to, but I feel that it's an innocent part of childhood. I agree with Kyle that Santa shouldn't be used as a tool to trick or manipulate the children however.

I don't think I will have my kids believe in the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy though. When I was like 4, my parents tricked me into thinking that I saw the easter bunny jump over the fence. They were like, "Breanna, did you see him?!" and at the tender age of 4, I repied "Yeah!". When I eventually found out that he wasn't real, I felt stupid Only because I thought I saw him!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search