My Henry boy

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM
ANGWife
Henry had an appointment with his pedi today. My 3 month old boy now weighs 14lbs and 3oz

He said that his "purple" p. was because of discoloration. Everything is normal and as long as he is peeing with no pain, then he's okay. Good to hear! I also told him about how Henry has been coughing alot for what I feel is no reason. Sure I understand while eating sometimes or when he's crying/upset. But out of nowhere, he'll stick his tongue out and cough for a few seconds like he's uncomfortable. I was afraid he was having a breathing difficulty and developing asthma or something. So I worry about him!

Doc says his lungs are clear and his heart is great. He says that it's probably still his reflux problem. We finally found a formula that works well for him, and we make sure to keep him upright for at least 20 minutes after each feeding. Well the pedi recommended letting him sleep at night in his carseat! I understand being elevated may help but that is NOT the solution for my kid! Henry sleeps thru the night, 7-8-9 hrs at a time in his bassinet, and 2 hr naps in his crib. Some parents would kill to have the sleeping habits of my son. I just couldn't believe he'd recommend that (and said to do it for a few months!).

I asked if there was a safe way to elevate his bassinet and he said no because he doesn't feel his neck muscles are strong enough if he gets stuck somehow. So I said no on the carseat and he just stared at me like "omg I can't believe she is questioning me." I mean maybe if Henry was having a horrible time sleeping or he was projectile vomitting I would do it.

He says if I don't elevate him, than I should start him on rice cereal. I was under the impression that if baby isn't satisfied with just formula and wakes in the night that he needs solids. But Henry eats 5oz a feeding and sleeps great usually. The pedi said that he wants me to start him as a remedy, to have a more solid food in his belly that won't reflux as badly. And that he would have suggested we start him at 4 months anyways. I feel it's early, but then again I don't know much about any of it other than what I read in books. His grandmas are telling me the cereal is a good thing for him right now. So obviously, I've got to figure out what to do....

Henry has grown so much!! He now loves to play peek-a-boo with us, especially when we use the shower curtain. He's gotten too long for the baby bathtub and now sits in the big tub. He finally realized that his hands and feet are apart of his body. It was the greatest thing watching him kick at the toys that are across his bouncy seat. His footed doggie pajamas leave him very curious. He's drooling alot more and sucks on his hands all the time. We think he will teethe soon. He loves looking at himself in the mirror. And he holds his head up so high, I really think he'll roll over soon. And his new favorite toy is aluminum foil, go figure! He likes to crinkle in it his hands and watch how shiny it is. Here are some pictures of our little boy!!

July 27th, 2009, 06:36 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
He is absolutely adorable! Good luck with the decision making. It's hard knowing what is best for our little ones.

Come visit my blog!
July 27th, 2009, 06:46 PM
JustBreathe
WHAT A LOVER! I'm going to send him a love note!
July 28th, 2009, 01:50 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Awww he is so cute!

July 28th, 2009, 03:58 AM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is adorable Morgan!! Glad your appt went wellish. I dont like the sleeping ina carseat all night suggestion either. Boo. But one thing you can do is put some blankets under the top half of his bassinet mattress. It will create a tiny incline (like a small ramp), this way is still laying in a flat plane and his head wont be displaced, but his body will be at an incline giving you benefits of gravity for his tummy.

July 28th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's so cute!!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
July 28th, 2009, 06:43 AM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in love!! He is just too handsome!! He has the best facial expressions

July 28th, 2009, 07:48 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Matthew coughs as well and that's even with being on reflux meds.

I don't get your pedi...why can't you elevate the bassinet? Where would he get stuck? I don't see how it would be different from normal unless you are talking about a really major elevation. I think you could just try it during his naps when you could keep an eye on him and see if it helps. Also, it is NOT recommended for reflux babies to sleep in a carseat (or swing) because the angle they are at in a carseat actually crunches their bellies and can make them spit up. I know this is true because Matthew spits up a bunch when he's in his carseat. A bouncer is a better choice since they aren't crunched at an angle. But I agree with you, I don't think you need to change where he sleeps if he is comfortable. And if he is sleeping those great stretches then obviously he is not in too much discomfort.

Does he actually spit up? Or does it just kind of come up in his throat a little? I read that the rice cereal will keep them from spitting up, but it will still come up into their throat. (Have no idea if that's true.)

He's very cute! To me it looks like he has great neck control in that pic with his daddy.

July 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
what a sweetie pie!! i like the slight incline suggestion, seems like a good compromise
July 28th, 2009, 09:38 AM
n/a
He is adorable!

We have been sleeping Jack on his boppy in his co-sleeper. That way he is elevated some and spits up less. Just watch out if he is a scooter. I caught Jack last night with his head hanging off the back and it freaked me out. He was pushing off of some burp cloths near his feet in his sleep. We have a motion censor baby monitor though so I feel pretty safe using the boppy in there for the time being though. Plus he is swaddled.

And a bunch of ladies in my playroom have been giving their babies rice cereal for weeks. It is an old school thing. Whatever works, I honestly think people fret way too much over babies anyways. I mean, some coughing and spit up will happen. Sometimes reflux will just happen and so long as baby doesn't seem miserable or isn't being adversely affected, let it run its course, you know. Of course saying that I have to admit I try to fix every little thing that could be wrong and I fret all the time over everything! In theory I shouldn't worry so much though.
July 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM
ANGWife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMVT View Post
Matthew coughs as well and that's even with being on reflux meds.

I don't get your pedi...why can't you elevate the bassinet? Where would he get stuck? I don't see how it would be different from normal unless you are talking about a really major elevation. I think you could just try it during his naps when you could keep an eye on him and see if it helps. Also, it is NOT recommended for reflux babies to sleep in a carseat (or swing) because the angle they are at in a carseat actually crunches their bellies and can make them spit up. I know this is true because Matthew spits up a bunch when he's in his carseat. A bouncer is a better choice since they aren't crunched at an angle. But I agree with you, I don't think you need to change where he sleeps if he is comfortable. And if he is sleeping those great stretches then obviously he is not in too much discomfort.

Does he actually spit up? Or does it just kind of come up in his throat a little? I read that the rice cereal will keep them from spitting up, but it will still come up into their throat. (Have no idea if that's true.)

He's very cute! To me it looks like he has great neck control in that pic with his daddy.

He spits up like maybe every 3 or so bottles. But at night (when he's lying down) I hear him with a wet cough. Then see him "chew" so I'm assuming he really is spitting up some.
July 28th, 2009, 07:08 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the pic of him with his hand under his chin... he looks like he's posing! Wha ta little stud! hehe

July 29th, 2009, 12:43 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Aww cute pics !!!
July 29th, 2009, 04:04 AM
JustBreathe
I hope he does well with your trip, if you see this before then!!
July 29th, 2009, 08:30 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cute pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search