Udder Cover scam

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you ordered that free udder cover a few months ago... check your credit card or bank accounts... it turns out it may have been a scam.

Udder Cover Scam! - May 2009 Birth Club - BabyCenter

I'm hoping it's not true and no one has had problems because of this. I haven't checked but I think I used paypal for it -- I normally do when it's an option b/c I'm lazy and don't want to get up to find my card -- and it seems from the comments in that link that paypal may be safe.

I don't know but it's scary and something to keep an eye on. Sucks too because I got mine and it seemed kinda like a POS to me.

July 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
THATS where it came from!!!!!!!!!!! My credit card caught it on the first issue corrupt purchase! I had a $125 spent on a hotel in Australia--I had to have the card canceled and got a new one issued already. They caught it within 6 hrs of being purchased and called me-it was canceled before the person could use it even. Thank goodness I have a good credit card company...I didn't have to do anything else with it since the cc company caught it. WOW I feel lucky now! I have a monthly credit report I get also-and this hasn't effected my credit at all luckily.
July 27th, 2009, 08:51 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh! Scary! I used paypal so I think that I'm safe. I had a charge one time on my debit card that my bank caught within like minutes too. I hope everyone else's issuer has their guards up as high as ours if this becomes a problem for them.

July 27th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I check every one of our account weekly because of the way we live. I have never had an issue before. This credit card that had it happen I ONLY use for online purchases--just in case this stuff happened...its my own way to double check. SO glad I do that now! I will have to post this on our DDC also--thats where I got the info for the cover from!
July 28th, 2009, 01:44 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
i hope noone has been scammed x

July 28th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope no one got scammed. Just yesterday I was having a conversation with a friend of mine who's credit card got scammed. The person racked up almost $2500 on it. So far they've been able to recover about $1200.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
July 28th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh thats terrible, i hope it works out for everyone. stoopid utter covers
July 28th, 2009, 06:08 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
ugh i bought one of those too. It was up on my DDC. I paid through PP though. My DH would kill me!

July 28th, 2009, 06:25 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it was free how did they get you info? Did you have to pay for shipping? I'm just trying to remember if this was something I did too?

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
July 28th, 2009, 08:06 AM
It was free but you paid for shipping. They aren't sure if the store itself was involved or just hacked into
I feel bad if it was hacked--I would hate to be a WAHM and have that happen to my site.
July 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
lurking.... I ordered this udder cover for my baby stash and i didnt' get scammed? I'm gonna double check. Do you mind if I use this link to my TTC #1 board I host? thanks!
July 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Rip-off Report: BidFuel.com, MilkBands.com, Ileadmedia.com, Blogtoolkit.com, Webstoreexpress.com, Secure0rder.com BIDFUEL.COM VICTIM CONTACT INFO: LehiLehi Utah
it explains how the company did this....
July 28th, 2009, 02:35 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
From what I gathered from google searches, Udder Cover was selling the CC information from the free cover give-away.

Even though milk bands is a legit company and udder cover seems to be - but they sold the credit card/debit card information of those who ordered the freebie. Its way too much of a coincidence to be true.

I paid with paypal and got mine very quickly. It was so cheap. I'm going through my paypal right now just to verify nothing funky going on, but paypal is a lot hard to get into then just having someones account numbers.

July 28th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, I paid with my visa debit card probably 4 months ago and nothing happened. This was posted in my ddc, and there were many ladies who posted that said there was nothing fraudulent on their cards. One of them even checked the BBB, and the company has no complaints filed against them. She also contacted the company owner who was shocked and would be looking into the situation.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
July 28th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I had the stuff show up on my card about 6 months past when I ordered and received my cover.
July 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here is the response written by the owner of the company (response to an email sent by a lady in my ddc inquiring credit card safety). It was just sent today:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...er-people.html
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search