preggo brain... share your stories!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before getting pregnant I would hear about 'preggo brain' and being forgetful, etc. and it's not that I didn't think it was true... I guess I just didn't understand how bad it really can be.

Today I was popping into the grocery store to pick up a few things I needed to make dinner... I pull into the parking lot... park... get out... and as I'm walking towards the front of the store a woman stops me and is like "Ma'am - did you mean to leave your car running?" HAHAHAHA. I seriously just put my car in park and GOT OUT AND WALKED AWAY. Thank God for that lady noticing and speaking up! How embarrassing!

So... have you done anything totally ridiculous due to the infamous 'preggo brain?' Share!

July 29th, 2009, 07:40 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shannon.

I have a story! Even though I don't know if I can blame this on preggo brain so early I have a bad habit of carrying my cell in my hand until I need my hand for something else. Today in the grocery store, I was doing it again, and I put it down so I could smell some conditioners. When I was done, I just walked away, and I didn't realize it was missing until about 20 minutes later. Then I cried about it! Thank God I found it!!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
July 29th, 2009, 08:19 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine has been all about forgetting appointments and messing up my schedule. Just the other day, I had a private practice client scheduled for Monday evening. The WHOLE day I'm at my day job knowing I would need to leave for this appointment at 4:00 to get there on time. Then I got absorbed into some unnecessary task, and the next time I looked at the clock, it was almost 4:30!! I had to call my client and tell them I'd be late, and it wasn't even for a good reason. Also, I constantly forget things like returning phone calls and emails. I've left so many people hanging over the past few months and I'm getting back to them days later than I should. I HATE being unreliable!

July 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I'm getting teased because normally I'm a stickler for spelling... like the obvious ones like they're/their/there, to/too/two, etc. and I've been botching everything lately. On twitter the other day I said hear instead of here... embarrassing. It didn't go unnoticed, either. Sometimes I'll re-read something I posted here on JM and i'll have used entirely different WORDS... like i'm typing a sentence and hear a commercial in the background and just type that. I'm probably not making sense half the time.

July 29th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
lets just say with both pregnancies I HAD to have my "brain" with me at all times aka a notepad to write down all of my important info, dates, numbers, appointments etc otherwise I would have NEVER remembered any of them!! I did however drive off a sidewalk when I was 10 feet from the drive way of the store...it was late at night how could I have know??
July 30th, 2009, 06:02 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
My husband banned me from the kitchen, b/c I repeatedly left the stove and oven on! It started getting scary, not funny preggo brain.

Come visit my blog!
July 30th, 2009, 06:20 AM
ANGWife
I had a lot of dumb moments. One time I went into the bathroom (at home thank gosh) and I really had to pee. I pulled my pants down and sat on the toilet. But I forget to also pull down my underwear! I completely soaked them. Even though I was alone I was totally embarrassed.

I also remember MANY times forgetting stuff to bring to work in the morning. I would lock the front door, start my car, then remember I needed something. So I had to turn off the car to unlock the door. It was like this crazy pregnancy dance haha. I did that at least 4 times one morning.
July 30th, 2009, 06:29 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGWife View Post
I had a lot of dumb moments. One time I went into the bathroom (at home thank gosh) and I really had to pee. I pulled my pants down and sat on the toilet. But I forget to also pull down my underwear! I completely soaked them. Even though I was alone I was totally embarrassed.
This thread is too funny! Shannon I cant believe you did that....were you hungry? It seems like you were in a rush to get in that grocery store!!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

July 30th, 2009, 09:09 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am banned from kitchen also.....leaving stove on or oven on, putting ice cream in the cupboard (MESSY!). Milk in the cereal spot with cereal in the fridge. Troy comes home from work and does kitchen checks now! LOL
July 30th, 2009, 09:34 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love this thread!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
July 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM
aBookasmommy
For the first 6 months of my pregnancy, anytime I went anywhere I would put my shoes on walk out the door..stop and have to walk back in bc I wouldnt have my keys Cant get anywhere in a car without keys!!
July 31st, 2009, 01:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoconut View Post
Well I'm getting teased because normally I'm a stickler for spelling... like the obvious ones like they're/their/there, to/too/two, etc. and I've been botching everything lately. On twitter the other day I said hear instead of here... embarrassing. It didn't go unnoticed, either. Sometimes I'll re-read something I posted here on JM and i'll have used entirely different WORDS... like i'm typing a sentence and hear a commercial in the background and just type that. I'm probably not making sense half the time.

lol omg i have to say this thread is so funny. AND I just have to add that I have been doing this same thing lately! I've typed something I heard 3 times this week already! and my spelling is great too lol I blame the heat. it's screwing with me. lol

July 31st, 2009, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol i've done half these prego brain things and ive never even been knocked up!
this thread is great! my SIL refuses to blame anything on prego brain, she has been losing things left right and centre and always tried to blame me or my dh! or even the dog!

i will probably be banned from the kitchen when prego too, all those things that can light on fire - not good!
July 31st, 2009, 12:27 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For awhile there every time I'd leave my office to go grab something from up front I'd shut off all the lights and lock my door... Then I'd get back and my door would be locked, so I couldn't get in (keys were still inside). I'd run up front every time asking who is messing with me, because I just couldn't believe that I was doing it! I had absolutely no recollection of doing it! But it was all me.

I will also start talking and stop mid-sentence and stare off into space. Whoever I'm talking to will just bust up laughing at me. I don't even realize I'm doing it! It's craziness!
July 31st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
Shannon, I did something similar. I was getting gas and left my car running while I was doing it! I didn't realize until I got back into the car and didn't have to put my keys in the ignition.....then, I almost did it again with my mom in the car, but she was like, "Aren't you going to turn off the car?" Doh.

I'm sure I had a lot more preggo-brain moments, but I can't think of them!

You'll get them just as often when you have a newborn I was rushing to get some errands run while at lunch today (1 hour a day to do things solo while Reid is at daycare!) I went to Costco. The cashier said, "Can I get your card?" I said, "I already gave it to you" She said, "Uhm....no" and I said, "Yeah I did!".....it was still in my pocket THEN, not 3 mins later, I went to the customer service counter because I wanted to upgrade my membership to Executive. The guy does the stuff in the computer and then says, "Okay, you're all set! Have a nice day!" and I say, "Don't I get my new card?" he says, "I think I handed it to you already..." and AGAIN, felling confident, I said, "No, I don't think so...." IT WAS IN MY BACK POCKET AGAIN/ALREADY. Wow.....Duuuuurrrrr
July 31st, 2009, 01:33 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure I had preggo brain but now I have mommy brain and I can't remember what crazy stuff I did while preggo!

I know I'd keep forgetting what I was talking about when I was talking to someone or forget words. Like for example instead of kitchen I might say "that room where you cook the food". Hehe

July 31st, 2009, 01:41 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
This thread is fun hehe!!!

I used to after eating take the dishes upstairs ..... even tho I had to pass the kitchen to get to the stairs
July 31st, 2009, 02:39 PM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
I wasn't so bad with preggo brain....I have mommy brain. Have a baby, lose your mind! No joke!!! I almost flooded our house because I was going to take a bath, when to watch tv while it filled up, came back and it was running over!

ETA: Another time, right after Preston was born and I was home but he was still in the NICU, I was up one night, depressed that he wasn't home and all. I was pumping milk to take with me to the NICU the next day, got distracted and I all of a sudden felt something wet, I looked down and noticed that I had filled the bottle was flooding it, I had milk in just about every single tube that was attached to my breastpump. DH laughed....I started bawling! Lokking back, it was pretty hilarious!
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!

Last edited by .Brandi.; July 31st, 2009 at 02:44 PM.
July 31st, 2009, 10:00 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
haha, all those stories are great!! I have a few but one that would always happen was EVERYTIME I would get juice out of the fridge instead of putting it back in the fridge I'd open the cupboard and put it in there. Luckily I'd think of it after i shut it.
July 31st, 2009, 10:47 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
I can't for the life of me remember a pregnancy brain thing.. but I did have a mommy brain moment!

At the campsite in the morning I noticed that Curtis was wearing Dustin's diaper!!! A size 3! I said something about it thinking that my MIL did it, but she said she didn't change him at all (They took him in the morning to the lake while we slept in) and so it must have been me! haha I put a size 3 diaper on his size 6 bum! OVER NIGHT! hahahaha.

Oh boy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search